1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think of Sidewinder Duel-Strike thing?

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by Dlitz, Jan 23, 2000.

1. Dlitz

Dlitz New Member

I got me a Sindewinder Duel-Strike Joystick. I thought it would be a nice alternative to the mouse and keys.

I put it in, and it works all well. It really is nice, but will take some getting used to.

I need to ask anyone else who has to hoe they use it without getting pains in their hands after using it for more than 10 minutes. It seems to cause arthritis or something.

BTW, tommorow is my birthday!

------------------
    Dlitz
    I never felt so alive! ZZZzzz...

2. phishedNET

phishedNET New Member

I haven't tried that. I did order myself a Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad Pro though, I hope that isn't as bad on the hands. I won't be using it for UT though, just for emulators.

[​IMG]
    overshadowed by assertion makes me certain - skinny puppy
    MeetTheFreak: Quasimodo's Lair

3. Phydeaux{RoA}

Phydeaux{RoA} Phydolike

I bought one, kept it for two day, returned it; bought a Gravis Xterminator Dual Control, kept it for a couple days, returned it; bought a HammerHead FX gamepad, loved it, kept it for use with pretty near everything *but* UT; bought an Intellimouse Explorer optical mouse, snipe with ease. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

I actually quite like the Dual Strike except I couldn't get my view to recenter. I'd end up running sideways and continually tried to recenter. It was actually the best general aiming controller of the lot but the lack of being about to get myself centered again proved too frustrating for me, personally. I hate to admit it, but I haven't come across a controller that does better for me than keyboard and mouse. That's what I've heard from others and I have to concur -- for now.

4. Angus

Angus New Member

Actually I know someone who broke two of these Dual-strike things in one week. After that we both bought panther-XL's they rock full 360 degrees of look with the trackball and the same for movement with the joystick.

My two cents the Panther-XL rocks

5. Phydeaux{RoA}

Phydeaux{RoA} Phydolike

Sounds great. I just can't seem to get the same performance out of a joystick that I get with a mouse, tho, and I can't have that. I stink as it is... /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

6. [PuF]Thanatos[Doh!]

[PuF]Thanatos[Doh!] New Member

A new controller can be a real stinker to get used to - I've always used a Logitech MarbleMan, (steer with thumb ball, forward & back with buttons 1 & 3, best weapon on button 2. Keyboard for rest) - but have on my desk a PantherXL. I NEED the ability to easily strafe, which is why I bought the XL, but it's so darn HARD to get used to; half of the time I manage to frag MYSELF and the rest of the time I'm running around looking everywhere except where I WANT to look or running sideways off something into lava or space....