1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE2 - UT2kX What do I need to add a new skin?

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by GreatEmerald, Jun 10, 2008.

1. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

What do I actually need to add a skin to the main UT2K4 bot roster? I don't like Total Conversions, but I do like some of the U2 Skaarj models that are included in UT2C pack, but when I path it nothing happens. Somehow when I pathed ChaosUT2 everything went OK and skins were added... So what's missing here? Animations are there, all of them.

2. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Come on, this is a very simple question, what do you need to make a bot use a skin? This question is probably easier than the question "What team to use for the UT2004 Link Turrets in VCTF in order to get them shooting to enemies but not to the owner team?". But this question bugs me too ;)

3. AsToRoTh

AsToRoTh New Member

If you mean getting bots to use a certain skin in game then personally I would use JaFos botmanager (for which I dont have a link handy atm) to create new bots that use the skins. Then its basically a case of how you go about selecting the new bot to spawn in game.... Ive seen it done on servers so I guess its do-able client-side too... I just cant rememvber how to go about doing that. I do know that because I used JBM to create .u files for skins I made in the past, bots with my custom skins appear in single player games now and then.

4. Broderick

Broderick New Member

Sorry buddy i have no idea abt it that why I can't help you ...............but I suggest you to go for a google search

5. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Yea, bots can be added to the rosters and all. I can look for JBM and see what it can do. But strange that in UT2C it works, though in pathed UT2004 it doesn't...

6. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

JBM installer won't work on 64bit systems.
    Although I now see that all it needs is a UPL file. They were renamed for some reason, but they work only partially, that is, the meshes won't load...