What brought you to BU?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What got you into BU (or PU)?

• Unreal

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Unreal Tournament

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • Unreal Championship

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Unreal 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unreal Tournament 2003

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Unreal Tournament 2004

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Unreal Championship 2

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Unreal Tournament 3

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Gears of War

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (maybe you thought this was a sci-fi forum?)

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Im pretty sure I remember finding BU before UT2k3 was released but just lurked until 2004 when I signed up. Think I might have had an account before then but forgot the password or whatever, cant really remember.

Thats when I signed up, I think the coding part of the forum is what got me to sign up but lets just say the women brought me here instead :lol:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Lurking BU during the time I was playing Unreal Tournament. Then I joined some years later.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Well, Envy brought me to the Forums. All the crazy the speculation about how it would turn out. Then it became UT2007, then UT3....

I'd been playing Unreal series for ages before I even knew there where message boards.

Actually, it was a lot more exciting 2-3 yrs ago, when the forum was super busy with endless exciting threads full of ideas. Now there is only little blips of activity here and there, and its mostly people droning on and bitching.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
UT2004 was when I began showing up here, but the direct technical catalyst was a match of DM in UT on DM-Liandri, with SpineblaZe. He kicked my ass pretty good, and mentioned FragBU. One night I decided to follow him on his trek there, and well, never quite looked back.

Though I did back off a bit from the site when I got bored of UT2004 starting around September of 06.