Were is that special OPENGL patch for Unreal 1? Anyone running Win2K with G-FORCE +?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Damon0306

Jan 25, 2001
Visit site
Here is my problem. I used to always play Unreal 1 on my computer without ANY PROBLMES.

I am running a home built system which is a Pentium III-850 with 512MB of RAM, Windows 2000 Professional, TNT-2 ULTRA Video card.

Unreal ran fine under this setup, I was running the lastest patch and everthing.

Then I upgraded my video card, to a G-FORCE II ULTRA!! Unreal 1 stopped working. It would not run in OpenGL mode.

Eventually that video card died, I returned it, and decided to wait for the G-FORCE III instead.

I went back to my good old TNT-2 ULTRA and OpenGL worked great again with Unreal 1.

Well I just re-installed my Windows 2000, installed all the latest updates, latest directX etc, etc. I also installed a new G-FORCE III.

Now even though I haven't tried it yet, I know for sure once I install Unreal 1 and patch it, with latest version, I am sure it won't work. If it didn't work in OpenGL with a G-FORCE II ULTRA, then I am sure it won't work with a G-FORCE III.

I remember a special openGL patch by someone here, that allowed me to play in openGL on my G-FORCE II ULTRA, but the problem was the special/patch or hack whatever it is, would not work on the last final release of Unreal, which if I remember was version 226.

Any info? Any advice? I also have Return to Nali PALI, that I never even OPENED, and won't unless I can get Unreal 1 fully working with latest patch.

Thanx.