1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Weird error when I try to run demos.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by Boom, May 10, 2001.

1. Boom

Boom Rumpshaking Moderator

Someone said I should run it like...

demoplay name?3rdperson?timebased

But I still get the same error. It looks like this...

Any ideas :)

Also, sometimes when I view a demo in behindview 0, everyone goes upside down!

[​IMG]

2. flare

flare Banned

I would try reinstalling UT, it looks like the demos are getting corrupted when they are saved to the hard drive, you probably just need to do a scan disk, I never realized how many problems could be fixed with scan disk, that 4 hours of scan disk running arent a waste of time after all :D

3. Swedix

Swedix Retired from UT2004

Well, I don't know what the errors mean, but with all those different versions of CSHP it might be the problem.
    You must have the same version of CSHP in your cache-folder that was on the server where the demo was recorded.

About the upside down players, I have had that too sometimes. I think it was a bug in a patch. Not really sure.

4. flare

flare Banned

it might also be that your using a OS that ****s up to much, AKA windows 98/2000
    /dreams of the day where a OS is released that will support every game and yet never crash. linux is dam close to.