1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Weird Bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotoriousBIC, Sep 22, 2004.

1. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC New Member

This just happened when I switched from Jailbreak to Deathmatch using normal vote:
    [​IMG]

Using UT2Vote44 and patch 3323
    Code:
    [UT2Vote44.UT2VoteGameTypes]
    GameType=(GameName="Bombing Run",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="Bic's Bombing Run Server",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="DM-Corrugation",MapPrefix="BR",GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=15?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1?Difficulty=4")
    GameType=(GameName="DeathMatch",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=1,ServerName="Bic's DeathMatch Server",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="DM-Rankin",MapPrefix="DM",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1?Difficulty=4")
    GameType=(GameName="Jailbreak",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="Bic's Jailbreak Server",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="JB-Addien-Dwy",MapPrefix="JB",GameClass="Jailbreak.Jailbreak",Mutators="DummyMut.DummyMutB",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1?Difficulty=4")

[UT2Vote44.UT2VotePackages]
    Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutB",ServerPackages="Jailbreak,JBAddonAvenger,JBAddonCelebration,JBAddonLlama,JBAddonProtection,JBAddonTeleport,JBScreen,JBToolbox,")
    I only seems to happen with these 2 specific switches.
    Any ideas?

2. hmishima

hmishima New Member

Why are the normal DM maps showing up with the JB extension? Did you change them, or is that the bug you're talking about?

Also, your BR default map is a DM map...just fyi.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  3. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC New Member

Yes that's the bug I'm talking about.
    That default map error is a copy-paste error on my part.

4. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

How come there is a space before "JBToolBox" in your packages?

5. hmishima

hmishima New Member

I see it now. You left a comma at the end of your packages line...I have no idea if it would cause this or not, but it's worth a shot.

Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutB",ServerPackages="Jailbreak,JBAddonAvenger,JBAddonCelebration,JBAddonLlama,JBAddonProtection,JBAddonTeleport,JBScreen, JBToolbox,")

The spaces probably don't help either like BeerGut pointed out.

6. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

That is a serious bug created by this forum which we have complained about several times.
    The moment a string gets too long the forum starts adding spaces and characters.
    For a modders forum it is a poor show.

The bug is tied up with the UseMapList=True which I thought I had solved but obviously not.
    Just dont use MapLists and set UseMapList=False and the problem goes away until such stage I can figure it out.

**Edit**
    The comma at the end is ok and is needed although gets added internally.
    Obviously you ran one of the beta's where we picked this up :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  7. hmishima

hmishima New Member

ProAsm, that line is not nearly long enough for the space to be caused by the forum bug. Look at it's placement compared to the gameclass lines and their spaces...plus it's actually 2 spaces.

8. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Normally at every 160th character the forum will add a space.
    I did not count the characters but I reckon if you do you'll find the space at character 160 or thereabouts.

9. hmishima

hmishima New Member

Why are you always right?:)

10. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC New Member

Yes, I reported that comma bug earlier ;)

That maplist bug is unfortunate since I need UseMaplist=True for the map-specific mutators (remember :( ).

The thing is really odd, because I've been only able to reproduce it switching from either Jailbreak or Bombing Run back to DeathMatch.
    The other way around works fine.

I haven't tried all possible combinations yet though and that will take a while because I have 22 gametypes at the moment.
    I can tell you that switching to and from Onslaught, Assault and CTF seems to work fine though.

11. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Yes it is a wierd one because in 44 the moment a new game is accepted, I clear all current Maps including a Replication clear and still this happens so the only thing I can think of is that the maps are possibly cached somewhere in memory because I made a Log dump to show me what in the Maplist and it showed empty yet it wasn't.
    Anyway I'll make further changes to 45 once I hear from Epic, these guys have just fallen off the planet - maybe everyone in the US is on strike or something :)

12. Imaginos

Imaginos Deathball addict?

Yeah, we have seen this bug before. Funny thing is if you hit esc to close that vote menu and reopen it, it's all correct when it opens the second time.

13. dschingis

dschingis New Member

small bug

i have seen a small bug in ut2vott44 ...

if you set the game on pause and you want to configure the clan settings the maps arent loading ;)

14. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

the same happens, if you connect to a server and don't join the game, means, if click 4 ready is active, and you don't click ;)

maybe it's by attitude, at least i thought so. but i also thought so with the esc-key disabled in clanmatch, and that was not by attitude ;)

15. dschingis

dschingis New Member

if i understand you right, you mean client setting ?!

i mean the maplist in that window
    [​IMG]

and as i said, its only when the game is paused, dont think its an attitude - but it isnt, also that "weird bug" :)