Weapons Pack 1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
I also rechecked it and I'm 99% sure UZI+attchment with only 32-rd-mags will give you knife or nades at spawn no matter what your ini says.

I tried:

- erasing all the prio stuff
- leaving just the UZI settings
- leaving all but the UZI settings
- leaving just nade&knife settings

And even when erasing all the prio stuff, INF will add it again automatically.

If Odie, Blitz, ghost and me can reproduce it there must be a flaw

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
well there is a little difference between online and offline...
the stuff that checks and sets your priorities is called on/from the server and if the connection is not 100% due to packet loss or if the general bandwidth is a bit small then you can end up with your knife on startup. This happens sometimes even with INF 2.9 weaponry.
Problem is that the more packages a server has to handle the more 'flaws' can show up due to more things checked on startup and consuming bandwidth.

I played for a bunch of hours today and got my knife on startup occasionally even without having one of the new weapons in my laodout but playing on servers that have the new stuff installed.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I understand your point Beppo. Sometimes this does happen with regular Inf 2.9 weapons but it is rare. With the Weapon Pack is happens all the time (unless I edit my ini file). Then you have the Uzi and the 32 round magazine issue. I would think this is not packet loss...

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
i have the same problem with the Uzi + attachment with 32-round mags. But i only get the knife when it's just Uzi + attachment in the loadout. If i have another weapon, then it's fine.
The latency between setting up the ammo type to use the 32-round mag instead of the 20-round maybe affects the selection process at priority time, prolly happening when the game doesn't find the main ammotype (20-round) in the loadout and thinks it's empty, and therefore, moves on to another weapon.

Last edited:

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
You need to activate the mutator.

If you want to see the weapons even on the shooting range, then you need to activate the mutator, set it to keep mutator list, start a standard offline game and then the mutator is active and saved to the used mutators list and so is active even for the shooting range 'game type'.
Next time you start INF you do not need to do this procedure again and can directly use the stuff on the shooting range.