1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WeaponPack 1.61 missing files

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by Ironword300, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

Prior to taking gopostal up on his very kind offer (https://forums.beyondunreal.com/threads/monster-hunt-in-infiltration.204622/), I need to test WeaponPack 1.61 (https://forums.beyondunreal.com/threads/infmod-weaponpack-1-6-update.193283/). I am especially interested in the M60 (the big boys are just too much fun, especially when you've got hordes of B-movie monsters to mow down!) Unfortunately there are missing files.

According to the 1.61 page, various invidual mutators must be installed first, and only then can the main Weaponpack 1.61 update be installed: "If you haven't already got them, you will need all of these individual weapon mutators prior to using the weapon pack". (I'm assuming that bonus-pack 2.9 & Weaponpack 1.5 are also required, but of course I have those already.) The problem is that two of the five individual-mutator links are broken: the m60 link (which fakes you out with a file that's not real) and the dukeXm8b, which is at least honest in reporting "file not found".

Are these files available elsewhere? Or is CE2011/2013 the only way forward here? (I gather there are significant concerns about this--see my previous post https://forums.beyondunreal.com/thr...-game-vs-coop-game-fixed.204621/#post-2620844).

2. Stinkmarder

Stinkmarder [JgKdo]

If all else fails, connect to one of my INF Coop servers, wait for alle stuff to download and then extract the files you need from the cache.

3. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

OK, if necessary I'll try that. Thx for the suggestion.

4. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

It turns out that my original post represents a false alarm. The weaponpack 1.61 download contains everything necessary that's new; Inigo was merely a bit careless when he wrote his description. The structure of his phrasing implies that you need to get each mutator that he lists individually--as a separate download--first, install them all, and then install the files in the weaponpack 1.61 archive. However, a close look at the 1.61 archive makes this nonsensical: the download includes files that have the same names as those in all the individual mutators (at least the ones that still have working links), which means that if you install everything from the 1.61 archive, you will not be adding any new files to complemennt all those individual mutators. Instead, you will simply overwrite the previously installed files.

Therefore the weaponpack 1.61 update does include everything you need (at least in terms of the list provided by Inigo). If he wanted to be crystal clear--maybe clearer, admittedly, than most Inf users really need--he should have written something like this: "To run WeaponPack 1.61 you will need both an individual mutator for each weapon and the Weaponpack mutator itself. Most individual mutators are included in Weaponpack 1.5, but some are not. The C7, MS390, Yurch new40mm grenades, and UN_handgunFix must be downloaded separately. The five newer weapons, listed below with individual download links, need not be downloaded separately because they are included in the update archive along with the new WeaponPack mutator."

Hopefully this will dispel any confusion that may be faced by some other latecomer like myself.