Weapon Pack 1.6.1 Failure...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
Had this working pre-2010, so it may be me. I cannot use the Community Edition because it uses some custom DLL (C/C++ code) for a "Tick Fix". My servers are Linux, and use .so files, which the DLL creator did not make. As such, I downloaded the old ZIP files for Inf 2.9, the desert map pack, weapons pack, and bonus pack. Extracted them all, setup a shortcut to infiltration.exe with the parameters for ini, usernini, and log specified. Started it up, added the weapons pack and while the weapons appear to be added to loadouts, they do not appear in-game. In other words, things like certain M16 loadouts give me nothing.

I even tried using the multi-mut mutator and still no dice. Any idea what is going on?

May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
I'm not using it. Again, I have a clean download from the official site, clean weapons pack, clean bonus stuff, and clean desert map pack. I can play but most weapon pack weapons will not show up in-game, only in the loadout editor.

May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
I am going to download from your site. I grabbed the manual 29 core, now grabbing the manual 29 maps, then I will get the manual bonus pack, the manual bonus, and then the manual bonuspack. Finally, I see the 1.6.1 update for the weapons pack but not the 1.5. I have both and in the past I extract the 1.5, then the 1.6.1 to the same spot, so the update overwrites the 1.5 stuff which is updated. Do I only need the update without the base pack?

Oh, and I will get the Desert Map Pack.

*UPDATE*

You need the 1.5.1 version of the weapons pack or you miss a LOT of weapons, such as the M14 DMR.

Last edited:
May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
Going to do this into a temp directory to get things right, then copy into a clean UT99 install. My method will be this:
  1. Download and extract INF29man_full
  2. Extract INF29BonusPack_manual
  3. Extract TBT_DesertStorm
  4. Download and extract InfModWeaponPack1.5.1-full_manual
  5. Download and extract 69INFMOD_WeaponPack_1.61_Update
At this point I should have a clean install of Infiltration 2.9 with the bonus pack, Desert Storm map pack, and a fully up-to-date weapon pack sitting in a temporary directory. I then uninstall and delete UT99 folders and such. Then I reinstall it (Steam is using version 4.36 unless I am mistaken), and copy my Infiltration stuff into place. We shall see what happens.

May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
OK, I tried it. This got a lot of things working. Maybe I had a bad download. However, after a quick few tests, some weapons still do not load. The M4A1 still does not load but the M4A1 RO979 does. The M14DMR still does not load. Adding "INFMOD_WeaponPack" to server packages no longer results in a crash about "UN_HandgunFix". In other words it is better, but not correct yet.

MultiMut.ini
Code:
[MultiMut.MutMulti]
MutsToLoad[1]="GameSwitcher.GameSwitcherMut"
MutsToLoad[2]="AimView.AimViewMut"
MutsToLoad[3]="INF_Bonus.INF_Bonus"
MutsToLoad[4]="INFMOD_WeaponPack.INFMOD_WeaponPack"
MutsToLoad[5]="INF_AKS74U.INF_MutAKS74U"
MutsToLoad[6]="INF_M4A1_RO979.INF_MutM4A1_RO979"
MutsToLoad[7]="INF_SCAR.INF_SCAR"
MutsToLoad[8]="INFMOD_M60.INFMOD_M60"
MutsToLoad[9]="INF_MiniUziFix.INF_MiniUziFix"
MutsToLoad[10]="INF_PickupMenuFix.INF_BonusEquipmentMutFix"
The only mutator loaded in-game is the multimut mutator. The only addition to the Infiltration.ini was to add "ServerPackages=INFMOD_WeaponPack". Am I missing something?

May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
That's just it, I do not want the executable version, which should be just exactly what I did above. I have had issues with it as mentioned before.

*UPDATE*

I found the issue. It's that stupid UN HandgunFix error. This is spammed in my logs whenever I attempt to use a weapon from the weapon pack. Where do I get this file?
Code:
Warning: Failed to load 'UN_HandgunFix': Can't find file for package 'UN_HandgunFix'
Warning: Failed to load 'INFMOD_WeaponPack': Can't find file for package 'UN_HandgunFix'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class INFMOD_WeaponPack.INFMOD_WeaponPack': Can't find file for package 'UN_HandgunFix'

*UPDATE*

Further down the log we have this.
Code:
ScriptLog: MultiMut: Unknown class: INFMOD_WeaponPack.INFMOD_WeaponPack
ScriptLog: MultiMut: AddMutator: INF_AKS74U.INF_MutAKS74U
ScriptLog: DM-INF-Sicily.LevelInfo0
ScriptLog: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ScriptLog: MultiMut: AddMutator: INF_M4A1_RO979.INF_MutM4A1_RO979
ScriptLog: MultiMut: AddMutator: INF_SCAR.INF_SCAR
ScriptLog: MultiMut: AddMutator: INFMOD_M60.INFMOD_M60
What in the heck is the "WEEEEEEEE" for? Did Beppo forget to remove a line of testing code or something? LOL!

Last edited:
May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
OK, I think I figured it out. The weapon pack itself is broken. In the 1.5.1 document, it mentions incorporating a bunch of fixes into the mod itself to save room on the mutator list. The thing is, they appear to be broken.
Code:
ScriptLog: Mutators MultiMut.MutMulti
ScriptLog: Add mutator MultiMut.MutMulti
ScriptLog: >>>>>>> GameSwitcherMut A = DM-INF-Sicily.GameSwitcherInfo0
ScriptLog: MultiMut: AddMutator: GameSwitcher.GameSwitcherMut
ScriptLog: MultiMut: AddMutator: AimView.AimViewMut
Warning: Failed to load 'INF_AddEquipment': Can't find file for package 'INF_AddEquipment'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class INF_AddEquipment.INF_AddEquipmentMut': Can't find file for package 'INF_AddEquipment'
Warning: Failed to load 'INF_Charges': Can't find file for package 'INF_Charges'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class INF_Charges.INF_BCMut': Can't find file for package 'INF_Charges'
Warning: Failed to load 'INF_50Fix': Can't find file for package 'INF_50Fix'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class INF_50Fix.INF_50FixMut': Can't find file for package 'INF_50Fix'
ScriptLog: INF_n50FixSpawnNotify added: DM-INF-Sicily.INF_n50FixSpawnNotify0
ScriptLog: INF_CarcassSpawnNotify added: DM-INF-Sicily.INF_CarcassSpawnNotify0
ScriptLog: MultiMut: AddMutator: INF_Bonus.INF_Bonus
Warning: Failed to load 'UN_HandgunFix': Can't find file for package 'UN_HandgunFix'
Warning: Failed to load 'INFMOD_WeaponPack': Can't find file for package 'UN_HandgunFix'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class INFMOD_WeaponPack.INFMOD_WeaponPack': Can't find file for package 'UN_HandgunFix'
ScriptLog: MultiMut: Unknown class: INFMOD_WeaponPack.INFMOD_WeaponPack
ScriptLog: MultiMut: AddMutator: INF_AKS74U.INF_MutAKS74U
ScriptLog: DM-INF-Sicily.LevelInfo0
ScriptLog: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
ScriptLog: MultiMut: AddMutator: INF_M4A1_RO979.INF_MutM4A1_RO979
ScriptLog: MultiMut: AddMutator: INF_SCAR.INF_SCAR
ScriptLog: MultiMut: AddMutator: INFMOD_M60.INFMOD_M60
ScriptLog: INF Message Regulator active! - bINFNoDeadLivingTalk=True - bINFKilledGetMessage=True
ScriptLog: Initiating local logging...
As you can see, the weapon pack fails to load due to the four missing fixes. However, these are SUPPOSED to be included in the pack itself, so I am stuck as to what to do next. Even if I disable everything, including multimut, and add only the weapon pack to my mutators, I get these four errors.

May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
Where are those hiding? I do not see them on your file listing when I view by Infiltration. I appreciate the help, but I cannot figure out why I could not find them.

OK, now it won't load because it needs the M3S90, filename "INF_m3s90.u", but I cannot locate it on your site. Searching results in nothing.

FWIW, once I have all of the files and everything works, I will be extracting everything to a temp folder and zipping a clean, COMPLETE, 2.9 install with everything.

Last edited:
May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
OK, I figured it out. With so much content/info gone forever, it took some effort, but the 1.6.1 version of the weapon pack appears to have been made specifically for the Community Edition, which has a lot of .u files plain 2.9 does not include. As such, I grabbed the community installer into a virtual machine (I do not run home-brew installers on live systems), installed it to the default location (UT was not installed, so this effectively extracted the data), and got the missing .u files. Now it runs fine.

With that said, I copied out the clean install of Inf CE 2013 and am now doing some minor updates and fixes. Things like only having Inf load MultiMut and having that load the other stuff, adding the D3D10 driver (I need it to run in 1440p), replacing missing documentation and a few images, and zipping it all back up. Why zip? I cannot run that custom installer on Linux, and a file that any Joe can simply unzip tot he UT directory works on ALL platforms.

May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
That is a very nice site you have there, BTW. I am in the process of starting a data backup and recovery business. Once it is going, would you object to me hosting copies of your files (the mod files and such) on a personal box at the data center?

May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
I will. One of my goals is to backup everything I enjoyed when I was younger onto bit-rot protected media (BTRFS/ZFS) for future generations to enjoy. Business should be up in the next few months. Finding a colocation in my area is not easy. Only one here and they only allow small rack-mount stuff. Looking at nearby cities now.