1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Weapon Pack 1.3 Wishes

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Psychomorph, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

@ Rostam: The AKM is 7.62x39, the G3 is 7.62x51 they both are loaded with the same type and weight of bullet (assuming they are FMJ ammo). And you might want to do some research first too, because both the G3 and the FN FAL have grenade launchers.

What i was getting at was that there is already a large calibre rifle ingame with a grenade launcher, so why not another.

And if you want proof of a FN FAL with a grenade launcher? i've got a scanned image below.

What do you mean by that?

Attached Files:

2. Crowze

Crowze Bird Brain

Lethal try reading this again.
    How is 7.62x39 the same as 7.62x51? What would having yet another rifle with grenade launcher add to the game?

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  3. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

ROFL!

So a 7.62*63, a 7.62*54, a 7.62*51, a 7.62*39 and a 7.62*33, are all the same, or what do you want to tell us?!

"you might want to do some research first too", before posting!

4. Lethal Dosage

I'm not saying that 7.62x51 and 7.62x39 are the same cartridge and that they are interchangable!

They take the same projectile! 7.62 is the diameter of the base of the bullet, 39 (or 51, etc) is the length of the case, i'm not saying that you can chamber a 7.62x39 round in a 7.62x51 weapon, only that the projectile is the same, usually being of the same weight and in the case of military ammo (FMJ's in particular) the projectile has the same dimensions.

And as for what would be the point of another GL ingame? well in my opinion, the G3 has better long range capabilities and accuracy ingame than the AKM, and it is more powerful than the M16, and as the G3 is a favourite of mine out to 300m i would also like to fire 40mm grenades out to that ringe while carrying the G3, and a HK69 as well as the G3 in a loadout is out of the question because of it being just too much bulk.

5. Rostam

Rostam PSN: Rostam_

The AKM is in the same group as the M16. Both have grenade launchers in game. The G3 is in the same group as the FAL, neither have grenade launchers. Again, I'm talking about in Infiltration, not real life. By adding a grenade launcher for the G3, why use the FAL?

And what you are saying about the 7.62 being the same is pure bollocks.
    http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/ExpFCAR.jpg

Just a friendly reminder that the projectile isn't everything. Hell, I could throw a 7.62mm rock at you, would that mean you'd put it in the same class as the AKM, AKMSU, FN FAL, G3a3 and PSG-1, too?

edit:
    What I meant about getting some feedback on the AUG. Weapons aren't something of which you can just look at the specs and then decide which is best. The AUG is unreliable, and has some other issues. That's why I think it's appropiate in INF.

6. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

They do not even that! I mean, it does not matter if they are the same number (7.62) , they are different! For example, a 7.62x39 is 7.9g heavy, while a 7.62x51 is 9.5g heavy. They are hardly the same round. And the longer casing is used for something I bet :rolleyes: .

Look for example here

Edit:Try this http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/Service Carts.jpg

And after all rostam was faster :).

7. Rostam

Haha lich, I was just about that post that link after googling a bit more.

8. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

FAL and g3 sucks :p

both owned by AKMSU, M4, FAMAS,M16 even at long range. AKMSU Sniping w00t!

they need special damage or concusion effects to be worth picking up. And sites closer to the screen for long range comfort !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (looks at crowse).

9. Rostam

Meh, weapons are underpowered, armor is overpowered. That's the way I see it.

10. Nukeproof

Nukeproof n1

Weapons are pretty much like everything else: ask three different people and get 3 different opinions on their quality. I know Shakken basically called the AUG a POS but the fact that several countries still use 'em should justify to implement it if somebody feels like doing the work...

11. Jagdtiger

Jagdtiger [UMC]Shadow

Lots of countries still use bolt action rifles....

12. Lethal Dosage

In those photos keep in mind that they are different types of ammo, and by the looks of it different weights. So the photo to prove your point on the whole bullet size thing is irrelevant.

@ Rostam: Well i say why use the FAL at all? For me, the rear sight is just too large taking up too much space, with the peep hole being too small. The front post is just too chunky (however that looks about right compared to the real thing) and the recoil is just wack! The G3 has easier sights, and more manegeable recoil.

The Steyr AUG does have some problem issues and that is why there is continuing development on it (a2 and a3 variants), The F88 i use (it was a a1 manufactured at Lithgow) is a good rifle and with the propper care has never screwed up on me yet! The only issues i have seen encountered were due to faulty/damaged ammo which shouldn't be used at all, and the application of too much oil during maintnance.

@ Lich: I reload my own ammo, and even though it isn't military ammo, i use the same 150gr SP in my AIA M10 (7.62x39), my Sportco Omark target rifle (.308 Winchester), and my M1891/30 Mosin Nagant (7.62x54R), they all give good acuracy, and have never had any problems to date.

13. MechaStalin

MechaStalin New Member

A VZ-61 Skorpion,I'd be willing to model it if it would be used.

14. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

shoot us a model and we'll put it in the que, there's a lot of weapons on the waitlist right now.

15. Jagdtiger

Jagdtiger [UMC]Shadow

Just a question, why are all these weapons being added? Why not make attachements to the current weapons to make them more useful? What's the point of having 100 weapons of the same caliber?

16. (SDS)benmcl

(SDS)benmcl Why not visit us here in the real world.

Because we make what we wish to make. If we wanted to make attachments we would but we don't.

The weapons are made by the team for the team. If others like them great. If not don't use them.

And yes believe it or not we do listen to your comments. May not seem like it but we do.

17. (un)l33t_1

(un)l33t_1 New Member

this is an off-topic question, but anyway: do the silencers/suppressors in Infiltration effect the ballistics of the gun (i.e. does a suppressed P90 do less damage than an unsuppressed,)? In reality, the 5.7 mm subsonic has only about 50% the power as the standard.

18. ecale3

ecale3 Sniper - May be harmful to your health.

And also because it was easier for us to make new weapons than modify sentry's, and because we don't want to mess with sentry's weapons.

19. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

When there is subsonic ammo used for the gun, yes. But the p90 is the only weapon ingame currently using subsonic ammo, the 5.56mm weapons do a little less damage, too, though.

20. Lethal Dosage

It would be nice if there was a WW2 weapon pack with a M1 Garand, SMLE No1 Mk3*, No4 Lee Enfield, Kar98k, Mosin Nagant, etc.

There could be some WW2 Camos made, n there would of course be a WW2 themed night on some servers with WW2ish maps...

Ahh what a pipe dream! :lol: