1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Weapon Pack 1.3 Wishes

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Psychomorph, Apr 2, 2005.

1. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

How about doing some neat stuff to EAS maps (like new, more interesting objectives and stuff like you did on ACB).

This was on my wish list since 2.9 came out. So many maps, and so few use EAS as it should. Worse are the DS maps... most of the maps where created without EAS in mind and objective where added on after (or so it feels). So we have a bunch of capture the CD nonsense. Simply reworking new objectives whould be a start on most of them that only have a CD capture.

What INF is lacking now are mappers. Sadly, good mappers are also artist and they always want to use the best tools to express their arts.

2. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

Well if you noticed in my reworking of ACB (last final version due out soon), i didn't change anything to do with EAS objectives, etc. just mapping n weapons. By the way what do you think about it? What needs to be changed/added/removed?

edit: Anyway its hard to find simple EAS maps to improve, and if you take a fairly complex map... well that always leads to disaster.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  3. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

I always understood it would be simpler to redo the objective than to change the map geometry. I might be wrong... I know about as much on mapping than on the reproductive stages of a flatworm in east africa... nothing.

Your version of ACB is very nice. IMO perhaps a bit too charged, but very good nevertheless. I enjoy it a lot for sure. If you want ideas on simple objective changes for existing maps, I'm sure I could find a few for you. As for all the extra goodies, you'd do fine without my input, i'm sure of it.

4. Lethal Dosage

Making new objectives are pretty hard especially whenyou don't have a clue what to do!

As for ACB the final version will include the AKM in the gunshop, smaller air ducts in the main building to force you to go prone to prevent overuse by attackers (think about it, a path that will allow you to get to the objective without risk of being shot at and being able to clear the room and deploy with any risk at all). The last final (i say final too much) version will also include other minor bug fixes.

The opionions of other players are valued very much when i'm mapping, especially when i'm butchering someone elses map.

The last final release of EAS-INF-ACB_revised][ (thats the new file name), has been put off too due to my backup install file being ****ed! (namely the data layer flaking off the cheap CD).

5. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

Sweeet, Lethal Dosage! Are those map of yours available for public download yet, or still under beta-testing??? I am quite curious to play them, and I endorse the chorus for "MORE AND TRUE EAS MAPS for INF Community"!!!
    And that awesome and huge EAS map by Fist_Mrls is going to be released, or not?

6. Lethal Dosage

Well so that there is no confusion...

EAS-INF-ACB_revised][ will be released shortly after i redownload INF2.9 on my 32k dial up (whatta bitch, long story there).

EAS-INF-TrenchWarfare is in the works but has been shelved indefinately till i get 2.9 reinstalled, and then some time after that, so to use a very tiresome quote; When its done!

And as for DM-INF-Railyard, it is still at the drawing board stage, but will probably still be done before TrenchWarfare.

Also to clear some things up, EAS-INF-ACB_revised][ is a remake/redone version of EAS-INF-ACityBlock by David Brown (now known as DarkSniper) & Los Pescados, so it isn't a original, however contemplating some new objectives (don't count on it).

I've got an old version somewhere, that got put out for testing and what not and is on some servers otherwise you'll have to wait till i get 2.9 back on to see the final product.

7. Lethal Dosage

Well now to get back on topic...

What i would really have liked to see is that Remington 870 that SS had planned, the sawn off version pictured in their armoury would have been a awesome compromise between the Benelli and the MAG-7, good for CQB, SS if your listening, PLEASE finish it and release it, and mayb a Dragunov or something so it won't be lonely, SCREW 3.0 it can wait just a little bit longer

8. Arethusa

Arethusa We will not walk in fear.

Didn't sentry say that barring cataclysmic and previously unnoticed errors, they wouldn't be touching anything related to UT after the release of the bonus pack?

9. Lethal Dosage

yeah that sounds like something they would say, but still i like that Remington 870, if only IMT would do it... but their doing other shotguns, and even if SS gave IMT the model and whatever work had been done on it, IMT probably still wouldn't do it *sigh*

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  10. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

SInce I have no knowledge of guns other than what I see in movies, and a limited amount of games that I play, my wish list is simple:

1-3 more pistols
    Assault rifle with GL of some sort with choices of grenades...
    Another Shotgun (Remington or Spas 12. The USAS 12 would be whored too much I think.)
    Binoculars
    Edit: 2-3 more Submachine guns

and finally, although not part of the IMT Stuff, but i'll say it here anyway, a USER DEFINED choice of grenade 'left hand aim' or not. With practice, anybody can throw a grenade accurately without the hand aiming. Go to the training range, pick up 30-40 grenades from the pile, and walk around the artillery range, practicing accuracy and tactics. I did, and my nade work accurate.

11. Bushwack

Bushwack Avenged Sevenfold...

All are in the pipeline, id go post them on the IMT site though, we dont often reply or read here.

I think ive played INF a lot longer than you maybe, and i still cant throw the nades, even with the aiming hand worth a crap, so thats a matter of opinion, debateable :D

12. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

*raises hand* Never had a problem before the arm, though now I'm all used to that crutch and I can't throw vanilla as well anymore ... :p

Wait, bush, weren't you in the military or something? Reassuring ... ;)

13. Conglomera

Conglomera Proud Toilet Cleaner

ALL and EVERY weapon found on http://world.guns.ru + their variants and attachements... this would kick ass... Realy!

14. Arethusa

Arethusa We will not walk in fear.

Well, that sounds reasonable. I bet those lazy fuckers on the mod team probably won't listen, though.

15. Bushwack

Bushwack Avenged Sevenfold...

Never there, wasnt me, musta been someone else, i just live in an area where accurate grenade tossing is a prerequisite for societal events and mating rituals with wild, ferile, arboreal women ;)

I meant to say the problem with the old system of throwing was that there was an extreme learning curve and everyone remembers nading themselves no matter how practiced you were with them *leers @ Taque*, the system the Duke implemented is a far more realistic representation of how soldiers are taught to throw hand grenades.

"As real as it gets" remember?

16. Burger

Burger Lookin' down the iron-sights...

Basically, it gets to a point where it is a choice of the player: Left hand aiming or not.

However, to negate it, I briefly thought about asking people for dukenades before the hand was integrated, but since I have WP1.3 on, it is more than a little bit hard...

Is there any way of turning it off?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  17. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

@Bushwack:
    The grenade throwing rocks. You have a slight chance to aim and that just represent the concentrating on a point you want to throw at. Good.

I have an idea to implement both, the 'hand aim' and no hand:
    Since the aimkey operates the sight aiming it could also operate the 'grenade aiming'.

- Once you cooked the nade with the fire key, you can just throw it (for the case it have to be fast).

- If the nade is cooked, you can push the aim key and the hand appears as in the WP1.2 actually (for the case you throw over distance and have to 'aim' better).
    Those 2 animations could be played near instantly. You hold the fire key to cook the nade and short after push the aim key to bring up the hand.

- If you push the aim key (not fire key) the grenade will be rolled (without the visible hand, since not needed).

Problem solved @ Burger ;)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  18. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

I say the nade arm is realistic, we shall keep it period, at least for long throws. I would never throw a nade far without using my other arm, be it aiming or stance balance or whatever.
    What might be realistic is to throw the nades without the arm when the nades are set to *low*. Aiming a nade with the arm when I am throwing it some feet is not really needed.

19. Lethal Dosage

*whispers* Its so quiet...

Well i reckon the nade hand should stay, atleast now i can throw a frag some distance accurately. Hell, now i can throw a nade across a street and through a window, when before i wouldn't get it in until the third or so nade.

Oh and Flashbangs are cool, except they have no effect on bots, sometimes they go prone like as if it were a Frag, but other than that... nothing. Don't suppose someone could script a bot behaviour thing where they just stand there stupid for like 5 secs? Have it as a mutie, then implement it with WP1.3, i there is ever another one for 2.9.

20. Corporal_Lib [BR]

Corporal_Lib [BR] Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)

Everyone that agrees w/ a muttie for more realistic bot behaviour say YARRRRR

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

C´mon guys, any help for improving the offline players fun will be apreciatted (I do know that it doesn´t compares w/ online, but my broadband is cancelled -- i´ve no band at all, I´m typing this through work... shame on me -- and I can only count on bot match recently...{=(