1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Weapon Pack 1.3 Wishes

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Psychomorph, Apr 2, 2005.

1. (un)l33t_1

(un)l33t_1 New Member

meh I still use the FAMAS for kicks. Obscene RoF OWNZ.

2. JMalone

JMalone Storyteller

I'm personally a fan of the Mag-7 and the new Beretta m923 handgun, plus either the AKM/M4, or H&K MP5 for speed firing.

Then again, I play with the TWT_Zombies Mutator on, so my weapon choices tend towards those that make good headshots. The Sniper Rifles are not included in this, because I hate sniping.

3. JMalone

JMalone Storyteller

Oh, and yes, binoculars would kick ass on so many levels, if only they weighed less than 5 bulk points. Any more, and I might as well be doing the looking through a rifle scope.

4. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

Ah, which is why I've never wanted binocs ... :p Psycho, have you compared the GP25 to the M203 is terms of functionality in INF? They're completely different in terms of "style."

5. Arethusa

Arethusa We will not walk in fear.

Once you get used to it, the GP25 grenades may offer less precision, but as an overal weapon system, it's way, way more versatile.

6. keihaswarrior

keihaswarrior New Member

They are just as precise, I don't know where you're coming from on that one...

It is very interesting to have to watch out for 40mm's on 14 sec timers, and I suppose the GP25 could be more lethal if I can practice my ricochet shots :D

7. Arethusa

Standard 40mm grenades allow for far more precise kills than popups of either the Western or Russian variety. Popups allow for more damage to multiple targets, but in my experience, they're far harder to get reliable kills with.

8. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

I haven't found a problem yet - they're just different getting used to the ricochet. And KW, my first day with WP1.2's goal was to get a kill with a dud, and I did on ReactorSector4-6. :D

9. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

The GP25 is more of a precision work (skill wise) and I think the fragments are very lethal. Fireing into a room through the window, you can take out 4 enemies. The reload seems beeing faster.
    For the open field the GP25 is less good, it is kinda a CQB nade launcher, even if this might sound strange.

10. Arethusa

It does sound strange, but, yeah, it pretty much is a CQB weapon. I am not sure that is very accurate.

11. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

Lol, I played the same map with the M203 and than with GP25 and I had 50% more accuracy and kills with the GP25.

12. CFA

CFA The Cult Of Personalities

teh ak nades may be popup , but if your use to playing with yurch nades on US servers and decide to play on EURO servers, you can have a grenade launcher that is the same and shoots the same distance in both "worlds"

13. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

GD has yurch nades? and the shotgun ammo for hk69 ? :D

14. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

By the way, I still like the SIG551 somehow better than the M4A1. But indeed I would wish a SIG550. I´m a full sized rifle whore :D.

15. Taque

Taque Custom User Title

Yeah Psycho, I actually completely agree - I need a full sized automatic rifle to whore with. :D Anyway, the GP25 is JUST as accurate as the M203 - the way it behaves due to popup may make it seem otherwise.

16. Bushwack

Bushwack Avenged Sevenfold...

in the process/pipe......

Attached Files:

17. Psychomorph

Psychomorph  

@Bushwack:
    Looks very good, especially the rearsight.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  18. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

YAY! NEW SIG!

The GP-25 is just as good as the M203, you just need some practice, and i use the AKM with GP-25 more than i ever used the M16a2 M203 or M16a4 M203 (however i love the heat sheild on the M16a4's GL)

As for new guns makin gthe old one obsolete, until the AKM came out, i always stuck the the M16a2 (stock) for outdoors and some CQB, or the AKMSU for CQB.

In regards to the comment as the GP-25 being a "CQB" GL, you can get better range with the GP-25 than you can with the M203, so in my books the GP-25 is better and is staying in my loadouts.

A favourite strategy for the GP-25 is to fire a nade aimed at the enemy soldiers feet (100m away approx), where as it will ricochet behind them and and explode around torso height, the blast and shrapnel hitting them in the back (less armour, more vulnerable) as well as taking out anyone behind the first soldier.

As for the M41a Pulse Rifle and the Aliens thing, it would be good in CO-OP mode with a mutie like TWT_Zombies but with fast lethal "Bugs", actually a gifted coder/animater/modeler/skinner could modify TWT_Zombies with Aliens that run faster and do much more damage when the come up and attack you.

Even without weapons from Aliens to go along with it it would prove to be a very interesting CO-OP mutie, and would improve players need for accuracy in CQB environment instead of "Spray n Pray".

So does anyone know where this LV-426 map is? I Want it SOOO bad!

19. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

What about remaking some more EAS maps instead... I'm sure that alone will be enough to motivate the modteam to do more neat stuff ;)

20. Lethal Dosage

Lethal Dosage Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer

Well i can't speak for others but i have shelved mapping for a while, with no less than 2 maps on the drawing board, EAS-INF-Trench Warfare and DM-INF-Railyard.

DM-INF-Railyard was inspired by the railyard at the end of the Russian campaign in Call Of Duty: United Offensive), however, don't expect there to be a geat likeness, nor for it to be done within this month.

As for EAS-INF-Trench Warefare which has been mentioned in other threads, has been shelved indefinately, until i learn the extra bits involved with EAS maps.

I want that LV-426 map cus it would be great fun playing offline, especially since i am a great fan of the Aliens Quadrillogy.