1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Weapon Modelling Info?

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by gonche, Apr 14, 2004.

1. gonche

gonche 3 Stripe crew, Bristol UK

Have searched the forum, but have found nothing.. was wandering if anyone can help...

Does anyone have a link for a tutorial on weapon modelling in Maya for ut2k4... ive got the Buzz tutorials and realise that the UT99 video is basically how you go about modelling the weapon, but its using 3ds, is there any tutorials using Maya instead? any help would be cool...

[Edit]Ive checked the tutorial and i was wandering how you can get a skeleton for the weapon basically....

Last edited: Apr 14, 2004
  2. Pomperipossa

Pomperipossa New Member

this is exactly the question that I aswell am asking... please anyone help :(

3. srsidman

srsidman New Member

The new tutorials that came with UT2K4 SE are all geared towards Maya. You need to get your hands on those.

4. coolhead2100

coolhead2100 The one ping to rule them all

5. DannyMeister

DannyMeister UT3 Jailbreak Coder

That tutorial will only help you with the actual modeling. For information on getting the model from Maya into Unreal, look at ActorX and its documentation at http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/ActorX. You must have at least a bone named Bone_weapon in the weapon's skeleton. That's about all I know at the current time. I'm also working on weapon modeling right now.

6. coolhead2100

coolhead2100 The one ping to rule them all

Last edited: May 6, 2004
  7. SolaceEternal

SolaceEternal SPANK THAT TUNA

*starts paying attention*