1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Weapon ideas

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Ryans_Privates, May 15, 2005.

1. Ryans_Privates

Ryans_Privates New Member

Maybe there are just not enough weapons or maybe there are just enough but what about more.

* How about a weapon that shoots out some type of small miniature flying device that shoots the enemies as a diversion.
    * Or a weapon that actually makes ripples in the ground, big ripples almost like title waves.
    * Maybe a weapon that causes miniature earthquakes or lighting storms.
    * What if there was a weapon that would make small miniature versions of you or animals like a dog or whatever and they’d go after the enemy like they’d gang up on him, this reminds me of something out of Transformers. :D
    * How about a weapon that sucks the enemies into a black-whole then spits them out in pieces.
    * Maybe a weapon that makes the enemy blow up like a balloon then explodes.
    * Or maybe upgrades to the redeemer that instead of it blowing everything to smithereens it would cause a small ice age to a small area of the map and everything would of course freeze, you could also have it have a fire reaction as well where everything around the enemy would look like hell.
    * How about a weapon that causes the enemy to get stuck in a spot like Mr. Incredible was from the Incredibles movie where he was seized from escaping in a scene in the movie and all them guns where shooting that black blob $hit at him.
    * How about a weapon that made the enemy turn into slush or vaporized them then they’d turn into dust like in those old roadrunner cartoons. :lol:
    * If there’s already a topic like this or if I've said weapon ideas that someone else already came up with than I'm sorry.

Last edited: May 29, 2005
  2. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

Definetly should have more weapons like that in it!

There was a gun in rise of the triad (1993) that charred your enemies to black skeletons
    heretic had a weapon that caused storms to appear

how bout a gun that magnetically rips your opponents skin off
    or a shock combo that causes an implosion black hole deally instead!
    Or a nail gun that nails opponent to walls now that they have the physics fot it!
    Or a microwave laser that sets stuff on fire
    Or a wormhole gun that lets you travel around ONS maps faster aswell as send vehicles to random places on the map
    Or a Resonating weapon that causes earthquakes, aswell as people and vehicles to explode
    or a gauss gun that works like that thing magneto does in X men 2
    Or a gun that fires monofilament wire nets that slice trough metal,
    or rockets that are hand thrown, kinda like a javelin then there engines kick in as they arc towards their target, a kinda alternative to trowing hand grenades and launching rockets,swith them around instead!

3. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

Get mods.

That kinda stuff will never become standard gameplay elements as the weapons have to be tried tested and balanced, there are mods that do that, Nemephosis could point you in the right way, when he's not thinking of CHEATING WITH TEH NEW IMPACT HAMMAR.

4. empty_other

empty_other New Member

Yes MODS! [Ironic] Lets all get mods...We dont need to worry if they only make hitscan weapons in UT2007, we can fix it with mods. We dont need to worry if they remove the ASMD, or RL, or LtG, or double jump in UT2007, we can fix it with mods! [/Ironic]

Dont kill the fun, i liked this thread. Crazy weapons are fun! :)

My weapons of choice:
    Magnetiser gun; makes target vehicle magnetic to other vehicles. Or even players magnetic to vehicles (noob42: truth! that falling Hellbender was homing in on me!!! ;( )

And what would get my vote from your lists, is the "The Incredible's Black Blob Gun"!

5. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

[youPlonker]You do realise that there's only going to be a core of weapons and slight variations because that's UT, if you want funked up weapons either code them in mods (like u4e) or buy another ****ing game. Yeah sure it's nice thing to think of new weapons but come to the realisation that new weapons aren't going to appear overnight, especially if they've got such advanced dynamics. They have to be balanced, tested, not copyright infringing, have their own character and quite simply just not be fancies of the imagination. And modding in weapons is a huge difference from Core elements like the standard guns and movement. It makes or breaks the BUSINESS of making games.

So you're little 'irony' statement which wasn't irony in the slightest was completely off the mark and a stupid tangential to go on.[/youPlonker]

6. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Maybe we could use a gun, which has chickens for ammo.

Kind off like the chook3 add-on for Doom2.

And when it penetrates the opponent, it lays an egg. And after 5 seconds the egg explodes redeemer style.

Note: This should be a speshul, hidden weapon.

7. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

Unreal was one of the first games to do crazy wepons,that weren't the usual fps stuff
    Epic had no problem with having imaginative weapons then
    familiarity breeds contempt!

How bout a kamikaze motorbike specifically for the purpose of crashing into things in the most stunty way possible

Or a good ol fashioned chain saw

Or a bomb that reverses gravity in an area, throwing vehicles and people (about a hundred ft) into the air at super high velocities and then sucks them down smashing them on the ground !

8. Xipher

Xipher I didn't break it, you did

Well, the scorpian now can be used as a bomb basicly, with an ejection seat that starts a bomb
    I think we should leave the chain saw in doom, the ripper is good for UT
    Check out Chaos UT2, for UT2004, they have the anti grav gun, although it kills you when you pass through the center, its alot of fun.

9. Monster Kill

Monster Kill New Member

They need to make the flak cannon as powerful as it was in the original unreal tournament. THe secondary fire for teh 'nade launcher needs to be little translocator type donuts that when they hit an enemy, emit ultra low frequency sound waves that make an opponent explode. Sort of like the effects of the shiled gun.

10. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

UT99 had a chainsaw and a very cool one at that!

11. CountBloody

CountBloody The Undead Spider Whore

A flamethower(just like the one from uneal2 XMP, but with a different modle), that would be cool to have. And after you fry a player, you see the player's bonds(just like the alt-fire for the link gun).

12. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

or a microwave laser weapon that sets things on fire, melts them, causes thing to explode into cinders

or possibly a proper implementation of the takra from unreal 2, but this time they can also seek out and destroy those little annoying spider mines.

13. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Speak for yourself, the chainsaw has its place in UT. I like it, and it's even more fun if you can use it as an arena mutator...

14. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

Or a giant radioactive twinkie that jizzums on your foe sticking them to the wall so you can clobber them!

15. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

I remember in the UT4ever-mod for UT(99) there was a phaser. At the beginning it does average damage, but the more phasers you collect the stronger it grows, and in one of the prior versions it recharged itself to a certain amount (just like the stun-phaser in Unreal (1) ). That was pretty cool.
    But maybe a combo of shockrifle-primary and linkgun-alt would not be suitable, Shock-combos and strenghten teammates shouldn`t be left out :)

a weapon creating a "worm hole" is also a good alternative to the redeemer or better the target painter.

As mentioned in another thread, I`d prefer diffrent weapon-sets (UT classic, UT2k4, UT2k7 and so on), which can be switched a`la announcer-voice

16. Monster Kill

Monster Kill New Member

FOR GOD SAKES, MAKE THE BIORIFLE GOOD AGAIN. PLEASE, THINK OF THE CHILDREN. MAKE THE BIORIFLE A BEAST LIKE IN UT99.

17. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

make the bio rifle actually usefull for starters!

or possible armour piercing grenades that become lodged inside enemies and vehicles,
    after a 3 second delay they cause an implosion, much like a miniblackhole that sucks the target into into a singlepoint/pixel within itself before spitting their constituent parts/gibs back out onto the arena floor !

18. Monster Kill

Monster Kill New Member

I like the blackhole gun. Flying body parts galore. They really need to fix the biorifle though. It's an unreal signature and they ruined it in ut2004. FIX IT!!!

19. BooGiTyBoY

BooGiTyBoY The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR

Biorifle? Fix?

Seems to me someone just needs to practice with it more. The biorifle IS monstrous AND useful in 2k4 if you know how to use it. ;)

Anyways I wish they had taken a nw direction with the new weapons for 2k7. For all intents and purposes, they are getting pretty stale. A new design altogether would have rocked instead of the same old thing upgraded for the 4th time...

I mean you can have a rocket launcher without it actually being a rocket launcher. I use my previous example from another thread where I mention the Tribes Spinfuzor. Kick ass weapon, and for all intents and purposes, it was an RL without looking like one.

Same with Quake3 and some of the custom models. Look at the Phaser model replacement for the rocket launcher... or perhaps my personal favorite gun of all time for any game, TEH HANDCANNON
    Now THAT's a sniper/hitscan weapon I tell you.

20. Nunchuk_Skillz

Nunchuk_Skillz New Member

Yea, I agree that it'd be cool to have some new weapons, even if they have basically the same exact physics, and close to the same effects of existing weapons.

I always thought the primary fire on the link/pulse gun was a waste of a weapon. Imo, primary fire could look just like it does now (little energy blobs), but fire more like the old ripper secondary used to. i.e. slightly higher rof than the rocket launcher, lower damage, but with a little bounce effect to it. It used to be unbelievably fun to alt-ripper bounce someone off Face. :D And I think it'd be cool to be able to bounce someone up in the air with link primary, and then use secondary for the finish. :D

They also really need to upgrade the sounds of the weapons in 2k7. I mean, the sound of the LG in 2k4 is just pathetic. Sounds like a very quiet short circuit, rather than a badass weapon that will light your head on fire. :p