1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Weapon Disabling

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by ch0ke, May 4, 2001.

1. ch0ke

ch0ke New Member

I'm the "admin" of a UT server here at work...we play starting @ 6pm everyday....is there a way to disable certain "BASIC" weapons? we have decided (if possible) to outlaw the IMPACT HAMMER, because of certain 'cheap' players who constantly use that weapon and ONLY that weapon...so basically, all they have to do is bump into you, and you're dead....these users wont VOLUNTARILY quit using the IMPACT HAMMER, and I'd really like to just REMOVE it from the game....is there any way ??

thanks in advance....

2. Swedix

Swedix Retired from UT2004

I don't think you can do it. And I don't undersstand why you would do it.
    The sound from a loaded hammer is a bit scary, but the hammer is a weapon. When you respawn, you have only your enforcer and the hammer to defend yourself. It's also useful to do some big jumps.
    And you can still kill them with other weapons.
    Shoot some rockets on the floor infront of them. That will take them out of business.