1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

We want TAVOR!

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by carnivore, May 8, 2001.

1. Luminuis

Luminuis Herald of the Newest Dawn

Well, I wasn't KIDDING!

2. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

I want the SAR-21 instead of the AUG.

3. Luminuis

You're missing the point poaw, why not have BOTH of them in there?

4. HanD_of_DarKNesS

HanD_of_DarKNesS Evil Bastard

The team has already stated that there is a selection of weapons they have planned for implementation by 3.0 in addition to those listed in the Armoury (of which we only have about half).

That being the case, I say we wait and see what they have planned. Suggestions are quite welcome, but let's not get too riled up adding more weapons to the list, when half the weapons on the list aren't even in-game yet.

5. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

'SD' is NOT a valid abbreviation for a suppressed weapon. The only gun that has the abbreviation SD is the MP5SD series with the integral suppressor. If you mount a screw on suppressor on an MP5, that does NOT make it an MP5SD. Nor does it make any other weapon as such. It's fallout from Rainbow 6.

And before anyone says there is an M9-SD, I know there is. But this doesn't refer to the gun, it's the suppressor itself.

The MAC 11 and the M11 are also two differant guns.

6. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Take all that weapons in, and I'll need an hour of loadout choosing before playing five minutes of INF. Apart from that there has to be someone to model, skin and code the weapon, and that usually takes some time. I don't know if there can be anything like too much weapons, but that list comes close to this.

ShakKen:
    What's the difference between an MAC11 and an M11? Always thougt MAC was the designation of the initial manufacturer and Ingram called it M10 or so.(I'm sure this is complete BS)

Snakeye :D

7. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

The weapon is more correctly referred to as the Ingram M10. As it was Gordon Ingram who designed the weapon. The first company to manufacture it was Military Armament Corp, who produced it as the MAC-10. Half a dozen other companies made theirs under the designation M10 or(Ingram Model-10) which is what Ingram intended. The MAC-11 is a compact M10 that fires .380ACP manufactured by MAC(obviously). This gun is nearly identical to the M10 save for the fact it looks like a miniature of the original gun in contrast.

The M11 is based on the M10, but it has a narrower, and longer frame. The factory L-stock on the M10 was changed to a Y-stock for the M11. The M11 also has a flatter cocking handle with no groove in the center. First manufactured by Cobray if I'm not mistaken.

[​IMG]
    M10/9

[​IMG]
    MAC11

[​IMG]
    M11/9

8. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Yep, looks different..

But would have fitted better in that other post with the MAC10 discussion..

9. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Humm, we can discuss that ;)

10. Reefslayer

Reefslayer RSM

Woah!

Getting a bit political here!
    Commenting on something as complex as the troubles in the middle east is dodgy ground as far as I'm concerned. Especially given the high passions that are bound to come out. We lost site of the original purpose of the thread !
    Looks like IMI make some fine weaponry. I like to see weapons that are in general service with the main armies around the world (bring on the FAMAS hehe.) That SAR 21 does look tempting though...

11. carnivore

carnivore Built For The kill

News flesh

Well, i just want to close this political thing.
    The crisis started about 8-7 month and at the beging there were crowd of people throwing stones at the soldiers.
    By direct order the IDF soldiers used gas and rubber bullets, and belive me that its true, cous if we were truly using tanks and chopers(im talking about the first month) many civilianswere dead now.
    but NOWDAYS there are NO stones!
    the Phalestinians use the Tanzim, the "police" and thier force 17(a commando units) so its realy not childrens with stones-uts soldiers with guns, mortars and Anty tank rockets.
    I hate to wake up in the morning and to see and horible newspaper, people are killing from BOTH sides and no one is happy with that, i can promise you!
    I hope this is the end of this cous the real topic is about the Tavor and not politcs, thats why we have offtopic, right?
    im just hoping that this weapon will find its way to the armory, the sooner the better.

12. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

I didn't believe it was kids with stones vs IDF. I still do believe there are many civilians killed on both sides, the Palestinians by rockets from helicopters and the Israelis by acts of terrorism. I only hope that the crisis will calm down as soon as possible, and that serius peace talks take place again.

Enough of politics..

I too like the TAR21 from the looks, though I don't know what it's worth in real combat, but that's the problem with most new rifles.
    I don't know if I really want one in INF, in fact I'd rather have an AUG, simply because it's the AR of the army of my country (Austria). I don't think it's the best AR ever designed, but somehow I just don't get the troubles Australia and other countries have with it, since I never heard any Austrian soldier complain about jams, ADs or similar (I know many who served, since in Austria we have military service for every man, except he isn't fit for military service, which is my excuse..).

>awaiting flame from other members

13. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

Screw the AUG with it's crappy backup iron sights, and it's lack of a shroud over the barrel.

This is the only weapon we need with intregal 1.5X scope.

14. Luminuis

Prefer the AUG over the Tavor,

And I appologize for not editing those, my friend did that as a list of guns for his mod in RS, and there is such a thing as SD, A SD gun is a gun with SubSonic ammo(like .308 Whisper) and also a Supressor, a supressor or subsonic alone is supressed.

And also, IT WAS A JOKE, I would LOVE to see tha many guns in INF, but the mod is already 40mbs that would bring it up to strike force size! without the map packs too!

15. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

WOW, didn't expect to find anyone over here with a positive image of the AUG. I suppose the AUG has such a bad reputation over here, because..

- the Australians keep having ADs and so..

- usually the only AUG fans are newbies/one-timers asking for one because CS/Serpentine/TO or so have one..

Also it seems to be unpopular among the INF team itself.

I personally wouldn't want to carry one into combat for personal reasons(I dislike bullpups, I prefer weapons with a trigger group -> the Austrian version doesn't have one), but if I had to take a bullpup, AUG would be second choice after FAMAS.

The newer desings just aren't tested enough IMO. The AUG is in service since 1977 - and in Austria there are no problems with it; you can believe this part, since the military doesn't have a very supportive press over here(has something to do with WWII and popular military-sceptic politicians) so the Austrian army can't afford any bad news about ADs; if the AUG was unsafe, we would have replaced it long ago..

16. Luminuis

I like the AUG because it's not a BAD bullpup, for a bullpup, I also prefer guns with trigger groups but if I ws forced to take a bullpup it would be FAMAS first and then if I couldn't get one of those probably an AUG,

I don't see what's wrong with the AUG, mainly because there isn't much that can be, the designs good, it's solidly built, and the ammo isn't the kind that bounces off your forehead.

17. Snakeye

Snakeye Mk82HD

Yep solidly built is right. I read they drove over a AUG with a heavy truck once; the rifle was still in a condition good enough to be fired without the risk of harm to the user - though I think the scope was broken..

18. Luminuis

Oh and who said the Iron sights sucked too? What does the M16 have? what do almost all guns have? that's right, Iron Diopter Sights, and yeah, I heard about that too :D How cool is that! I wanna see an OICW driven over by a heavy truck (cruch squish splat) HAHA!

19. Nerf Herder

Nerf Herder The Scruffy Looking Man

The M-16 doesn't use Diopter sights.

20. Luminuis

Really? it doesn't have Iron sights? *will have to go look at his, does so*

*returns* Hmm, I dunno, if you say so. But Ig uess you're right Nerf, sorry aobut that, I've been a bit out of it today..