1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

We want TAVOR!

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by carnivore, May 8, 2001.

1. carnivore

carnivore Built For The kill

Ok team, member, and everybody around, check out this lovley weapon, israeli type, and tell me, do you want another crapy mp5 or stinky m4, or this asskicking assault rifle?!

2. Nerf Herder

Nerf Herder The Scruffy Looking Man

IMI Tavor TAR-21

[​IMG]
    Tavor TAR-21 (basic version)

[​IMG]
    Tavor CTAR-21 (compact version)

[​IMG]
    Tavor MTAR-21 (micro version)

Caliber: 5.56mm NATO
    Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
    Overall length: 720mm
    Barrel length: 460mm
    Weigth: 2.8kg emty, 3.63kg w. full magazine & sling
    Magazine capacity: 20 or 30 rds
    Rate of fire: 750 - 900 rpm

Israel Military Industries is launching the new family of the TAVOR assault rifles. The weapon is offered in four configurations: The basic design - the T.A.R-21 Tavor Assault Rifle. A sharp-shooting configuration (STAR-21, with biupod and heavy barrel) is offered as a squad weapon. For commando, airborne, paratroopers and special rescue units, as well as tank crews, a short Tavor assault rifle (CTAR-21, lenght 640 mm, barrel 380 mm) is offered. Micro T.A.R (MTAR-21, lenght 480 mm, barrel 250 mm) is specially configured for security forces and special missions. Tavor uses the proven, compact Bull pup design, which was optimized to best match the ergonomics and mission requirements of the modern warrior, providing natural handling, intuitive aiming from all firing positions and improved hit accuracy. Accuracy and target acquisition is enhanced, by the use of accurate aiming, through the use of an integral reflex optical reflective sight, which projects the aiming point on the center of the sight. Tavor has an attachment for additional sighting devices, such as a 3rd generation night vision sight, which can be installed with no zeroing.

In other words I like it.

Credit for pics and text goes to the wonderful runner of Modern Firearms over at:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as30-e.htm

3. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Bah, It doesn't worth a FAMAS ;)

But maybe they are cheaper ?

4. Nerf Herder

I personally trust the israelis for their firearms more then French arms companies. ;) Although the FAMAS is a nice rifle.

5. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

I cannot say anything about the israelian firearms.

Gryph... Shakken, HELP !!! :D

6. Luminuis

Luminuis Herald of the Newest Dawn

Some IMI guns:

IMI/Magnum Research DE
    IMI Uzi (all variants)
    IMI Tavor (all variants)
    IMI Galil (all variants)

There are more as well, I happen to have lost my link to a good IMI Info site, so I can't think of them

All but the DE are Incredibly good guns, however, I don't like the Tavor, It is fururistic, but not widespread yet, I personally do not want the Tavor if it throws something else that is more widespread or commonplace out, I don't want INF to turn into a Mod with nothing but Little known or little used guns.

7. Nerf Herder

I don't want any guns thrown out. But I would like to see the Tavor in. Of course without the crazy color scheme. I think a nice flat black would suit it well. And it's NOT futuristic. It just looks that way. Rejecting a gun because it looks futuristic is one of the reasons I hate the US Military. They're very stupid about guns needing to not look futuristic. Which is why we wasted money on M-14s before switching to the M-16s. And also the reason the M-16s faults didn't get discovered and remedied before we went into combat with them. Since if they'd been smart we would've ended up with AR-18 style ARs instead since they're more reliable.

IMI is pretty well known for making good guns. And the Desert Eagle isn't a bad gun it's just not meant for combat. I repeat not meant for combat so don't think of it as a combat pistol. You don't hear people complaining about the Colt Anaconda. It's not a good combat gun either.

8. HanD_of_DarKNesS

HanD_of_DarKNesS Evil Bastard

I'd be interested in seeing the Tavor as well (if not the Galil), though the specific version of the Tavor which would be implemented would ahev to depend on demand within the game. There are already at leat 6 ARs and 6 SMGs planned. I'd personally be interested in the MTAR (Micro Tavor) variant, being a 5.56mm weapon with a 9.8" barrel, yet only 18.9" long. Here are the prcs:

[*]Calibre: 5.56x45mm NATO
    [*]Overall Length: 480 mm (18.9 inches)
    [*]Barrel Length: 250 mm (9.8 inches)
    [*]Weight: 2.4 kg (5.3 lbs) empty
    [*]rate of Fire: 750-900 rpm

As far as a good resource site for Tavor info, the best is IMI themselves. Check their Tavor - Bull Pup Assault Rifle page.

As far as the US rejecting guns by reason of "looking futuristic", I'd have to argue with that statement, as the OICW looks as futuristic as any other weapon I can think of.

Last edited: May 8, 2001
  9. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

From what I hear the TAVOR is not in military service. The Israelis didn't want it because it was too expensive and it's optic system was flawed somehow.

According to a friend of mine in Gevatayim, the Israeli military has made a new contract with Colt for even more M4 carbines.

Looks like the Israelis themselves prefer their stinky M4s=P

10. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

Nerf, isn't that the same reason why the G11 almost killed H&K? Because the design was "too radical", same with the JSF. Some people need to get their head out of their asses.

11. Dr.Dase

Dr.Dase New Member

The Tavor isn't used by the Israeli because they don't want bullpups, and they get US weapons dirt cheap, they get some kind of support money, that they only can spend on US weapons etc. Smart, ey? :)

They're apparently thinking about using Tavors for their "Designated Marksmen" kind of semi-snipers, half regular infantry, half snipers, kinda like the M16 with ACOG in Infiltration :) Now, they use the Car-15 with scope, but the short barrel isn't all that good for accuracy, so they think about equiping marksmen with a short weapon with long barrel, because they usually don't have to change shoulders like other troops in CQB.

12. Nerf Herder

That's one of the main reasons they use US weapons. We "protect" them, and in doing so we pretty much tell them what to use.

Surplus of M-16A1s when we upgraded to M-16A2s? Sell them to the Israelis. Got a surplus of M4s? Sell them to the Israelis.

It's kind of stupid. I think most countries should stick with a homebased firearms company.

13. carnivore

American money

The money that we get from the americans is for "only american" products.
    In other words, they give us money(that is a serios help) but they dont let us used it in other things, withc arent american.
    thats the reason the Army doesnt use the Tavor fot the IDF regulers-why to spent money on a weapon when you get lots of m-16 almost free?
    Thats one of the reason we stoped the production of the plane "lavy", but thats another story.
    I want that Tavor or the Sar 21 and i dont give a dam it looks futuristic or not spread over like the ak-47.
    i mean, you placed the De , and i dont think that it is well used, who the hell will want to walk aroung with a cannon as a side arm?!
    here is pic of the Sar 21, A MUST HAVE WEAPON!, i can almost we myself shooting bots with it....hehehe

14. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

SAR-21 is a nice gun. Only thing I don't quite like about it is the fire selector is located in the stock like the SA-80.

Gun doesn't have ANY lefty provisions though, and the optic is not replaceable. But it's a damned good optic at that. Finally a 1.5-2X sight with aperture emergency sights=)

15. carnivore

Tell me...

How the hell i make the team to listen to me and to place this weapon in the armory?????

Hello team? are you there?!
    We want Sar 21 or the Tavor!

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2001
  16. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

ShakKen is a member of the team.

17. Nerf Herder

He's the guy that kind of determines what guns go in. I know the Tavor isn't wide spread but I'd like to see it in sometime down the road.

I'd be willing to let the DE go (which if you knew me would seem like blasphemy coming from me) in order to use the Tavor.

18. Luminuis

Luminuis Herald of the Newest Dawn

So france should keep the FAMAS for itself?

So Israelis should only use IMI guns? They use M4s and M16s because we GAVE them to them and they smiled happily and went about their merry way, never complaining a DAMN BIT!

So Russian should stick to using AKs?

What about countries that lack a gun company? Like Cuba, I don't know of any Cuban Arms Corporation or any such thing, they use Soviet AKs and love them, just like we love M16s, and the same way the Israelis love their M4s and M16s, And if I am not totally mistaken, name some countries that use american guns, then try to name a company that works in that area with a feasible replacement to our american guns, and also, it would hurt the gun industry greatly if everywhere stopped buying american guns,

Also, Japan uses alot of out equipment now, if I am not totally off target, don't they use M16s the same way they use F-15s and F-16s we gave them?

Hmmm. All of our closest allies use our guns, or all of them I can think of. What does that tell you about American guns? Can they suck THAT much? And still be widespread?

19. Nerf Herder

Japan and Israel use our guns because we essentially force them too. The AR-15 series sucks when it comes to desert environments. The main reasons I say all places should have their own firearms is because you never know when you might have trouble importing guns from another place. Due to a blockade or the like. And I was in know way ragging on US firearms. I have a real affinity for the AR series of rifles.

Edit: Rage outburst needed to be fixed. Sorry.

Last edited: May 9, 2001
  20. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

Beretta make a nice rifle.

Whether it be the AR70 or AR70/90, its a higher price alternative to an AR-15.

Only thing is that on the AR70, the cocking handle is the only thing connecting the gas piston to the bolt carrier.. so if the handle were to be knocked off, broken, or something of that nature, you'd find yourself in a world of s<u></u>hit.