1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"We rely on people's ignorance" - The Police

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zundfolge, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Zundfolge

Zundfolge New Member

2. Kibbles-N-Bits

Kibbles-N-Bits New Member

All who were not aware that you can refuse to let them search, please raise your hands so I can cut them off... :rolleyes:

3. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

Even *if* everybody refused a search (and be honest here : unless the officer is a wimp compared to you then you won't simply refuse ...) do you really think they wouldn't invent another reason ? (read : Make it illegal to refuse .... )

It wouldn't suprise me at least ....
    One can count on politicians to use magical words like 'public safety' & 'crime prevention' to pass laws like that ...

4. DamienW

DamienW I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir

You don't say :(
    That's how our worse extreme-right party gets his adherents in France, even if they're not racist or facist : they are just so fed up with insecurity and violence that theyd vote for anyone who promises them security :( Sad :(

5. Dupre

Dupre Code Pimp

Ah, the beauty of it. Illegal search and seizure would throw any condemning contraband out of court. If the cop had probable cause, he wouldn't need to ask.