Waving guns

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

McMuffin

The sh¡ttiest Infiltrator
Jul 30, 2000
OR
uzi people will flame you a lot less if you have just one long post...

spray & pray: leaning will be fixed in 286, why not just lean? and reap the benefits of...... aiming (gasp)

up-lean: why not just un-crouch or un-prone?

anyway from what Beppo's been posting it sounds like the main framework of 286 has already been coded, so I doubt if any major new suggestions will be regarded until after the 286 release. I'd try to keep my suggestions to small tweaking ideas rather than major new features until then.

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
Spray and Pray IS looking. it means not aiming just shooting in the general direction. And it has no tactical value. In vietnam 50000 rounds were spent for each killed vietcong.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Im not talking about spray n' pray!

Im talking about upcrouch or uplean
Spray n' pray isnt good tactic, you are right, but to use up lean is realistic and a good tactic!

And as i said before, it for the team to note to themself, not to add to 2.86 version, maybe for later version...

BTW-thanx for support uzi, but next time just do it in one long pot and sum up the quotes!
oh, and check your e-mail

c+k|nEVeRmOre

~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~
Why not just make it to where head and weapon level come just above the crate/box/body/vehicle/(insert object here). Since most of the objects are of a certain height (especially in the case of crates since it is a common object) the animations should not be that hard to do. It would be kind of nice to be able to "rest" your weapon on the surface of an object instead of the height being dictated by rapidly hitting the crouch key over and over again and maybe attaining the height you are seeking to stay out of harm's way.

Personally, I like the Idea of adjustable height. It could work in much the same way as the zoom on the PSG1 and RC50 (where you activate the firemode toggle) only in this case it would raise and lower your torso while in the crouched position. I think that would definitely add to the realism. In real life you do not have either crouching or standing...you have freedom of movement.

Uziyahu

Jul 8, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by yurch
You are praying that the rounds you were too damn lazy to aim are gonna hit something.

You can't argue that. Unless it is called "spray and pray with your eyes closed" :D

I agree with the first sentence.

I don't agree with the second. Spraying and praying is usually when a shooter is behind cover, not looking at the target, and sticks his weapon around the corner and sprays long, unaimed bursts, sometimes in a sweeping motion.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
With the lean function, you can control the degree of how far the player leans out.
Why not put a control on the degree a player stands up from crouch?