1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

waterfalls

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Advanced' started by GoldenMouse, Nov 14, 2001.

1. GoldenMouse

GoldenMouse Mad Hatter

How do I create a waterfall? The idea is that I have a wide area that the water needs to go over. What I need is almost exactly like the waterfall found in DM-Manhunt (a kick-ass small map, btw) Anyone have any ideas?

:morety:

2. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

You can use a sheet, with a water texture on it, this can look ghey from the side because it's too thin.
    You can also use a non-solid brush (click the add special button)with a water texture on it but this can cause BSP errors.
    UED doesn't seem to be too keen on non solids that are not sheets :\

3. Hourences

Hourences New Member

works great if you use it good though

open a map that has it, and just look at it in ued, and make the same, to big to explain how to make leet waterfalls :)

4. GoldenMouse

GoldenMouse Mad Hatter

It looks like a revolved non-solid with a cubic non-solid beneath it. This could get rough with BSP. I guess I'll have to chance it, but not until I've layed out more than the few brushes that I have so far. Thanks guys.

5. Hourences

Hourences New Member

ive made that kinda waterfall you just described in my latest sp, in the middle of rocks, that were aligned on grid 1 with totaly no bsp probs :) its just luck

6. GoldenMouse

GoldenMouse Mad Hatter

Just realized, I meant extruded shape, not revolved. I was beginning to wonder why something didn't seem to add up. :) The geometry right there is fairly simple, it shouldn't have any problems, but I won't know till I put it in. :con:

7. RedFox

RedFox bHateHisCountry=True

He-he, try to use tess. nonsolid cube to make a waterfall.

8. GoldenMouse

GoldenMouse Mad Hatter

I never have found anything talking about what tesselated means in this context. What does it do, exactly?

9. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

Try it and see :)
    Just set bTessalted to true in the cube builder. It splits up the sides into triangles so you can twist it into any shape without getting twisted faces as you would if you moved just one vertex of a regular cube.
    It's useful for caves, rocks and small terrain features. Don't use them everywhere because you will get uneccesary polys otherwise.

10. GoldenMouse

GoldenMouse Mad Hatter

ok
    I'll do that sometime

11. bobtheking

bobtheking Monkey in a bucket

check CTF-Shadar's waterfall, it rules over all waterfalls