1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Watchdogs

Discussion in 'Games' started by shadow_dragon, Jun 6, 2012.

1. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

Potentially it looks awesome but I can't help wondering what scale the end game will be.

It implies free-roaming sandbox city but the preview seems a little scripted to me.(In fairness all previews do)

2. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke7BVr9k5QY[/m]

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXcCH16_Yuc[/m]

3. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

considering I did all the side missions and minigames during my first playthrough, there's basically nothing to do after you're finished with the story. that being said, I'm also playing through the game a 2nd time. there are some things you can do differently with the plot and my 1st play was basically all stealth and preplanning. 99% of my firefights were engaged with suppressors and booby traps.

on my new game I'm simply Rambo'ing the shit out of every mission because firefights are awesome; one of my favorite aspects to the gameplay. great sound effects, great weapon handling, intense atmosphere. it's not perfect but Watch_Dogs has it's strong suits. it's not game of the year but it's been a lot of fun. maybe it helps that I didn't follow the hype. I didn't watch trailers or read previews. I don't care. just put the game in and started playing, and when I get a game I look for reasons to enjoy it, not reasons to hate it.

4. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

5. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

Hi we are Ubisoft.. we did not downgrade the game in any way. Enjoy. Yeah right you didn't. Now the question begs to be asked: Why?

Did they do it so the next gen consoles wouldn't look quite so bad? Least likely.

Did they do it because Ubi are a bunch of incompetent fucks? Probably.

Watch Total Biscuits vid on it. He goes through these questions and gives his insight into it. Needless to say, Ubi have some explaining to do and I hope gamers do not let this go lightly.

6. Al

Al Car'a'carn

7. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Okay, I am dying to install this and try it. I was pretty disappointed by the graphics in the released game.

8. Jacks:Revenge

it does improve the visuals noticeably.
    I was already playing @ Ultra but this adds dynamic shadows, etc, which were disabled for whatever strange reason.

9. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

Rumour has it the PC version was deliberately gimped in order to make the next-gen console versions look more appealing, likely hidden under the guise of 'making a consistent experience across all platforms'.

10. NRG

NRG Master Console Hater

I just assumed they did graphics first and optimization later. After all, most games are still largely designed and tested on PC? Then when "optimization" failed to make the game meet their standard for frame rates on consoles, they made some quick cuts to easy things like crowd density, detailed explosions, etc.

11. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

Some of the effects are also 'bullshot' bullshit made specifically to make the game look good in trailers or screenshots.

12. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

Considering the assets are labeled with "E3", it seems possible that this stuff wasn't intended to be in the final release, but if that's even remotely true, why Ubi didn't remove said assets...
    Either way, considering the mod makes some changes that has given noticeable performance increases on low to mid tier systems, Ubi still has some splaining to do

13. Sir_Brizz

Yeah, that's the thing. The mod makes it look better AND run better. That's a load of crap.

14. Jacks:Revenge

yeah there's no doubt that it's just shady and/or curious no matter how you slice it.

15. -Jes-

-Jes- Shreddin'

itt: Ubisoft continues to lower the bar.

16. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

17. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

from Ubisoft about the unused features

18. Sir_Brizz

Basically "here's a set of excuses". Good job.

19. Jacks:Revenge

DON'T FUCKING IMPACT THE VISUAL FIDELITY

thanks Ubi

20. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Less generic 13 year old QQ about the E3 "graphics unlock" and more funny videos.

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jcLcb61DmI[/m]

Oh wait

[m]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY0wpGsUpdk[/m]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014