1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WarPath Hands-On Preview

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Apr 24, 2006.

1. dub

dub

Well at least one of the concept artists for UT 2007 (as was for UT 2004) was HawkPrey. Anyone who know who did concept for Warpath? Cause though it could just be coincidence it that part does look fairly similar.
    (Though a lot of tech/sci-fi buildings look very similar nowadays)

[edit]Ahh wait hang on. Just realised that Hawkprey did characters and vehicles... not sure he did any art for architecture.

Be interesting to know who did the concept art for Warpath never the less.

2. Bang_Doll

Bang_Doll Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96

And the architecture concepts for UT2k7?

Anyways, this only furthers my interest in this game. Hope all the haters come to terms with themselves (I don't see any/many in this thread) and see it in their heart (omglol) to truly consider purchasing this game.

I mean c'mon people, twenty bucks! Here I was thinking it was thirty, but that's only for the xbox version. Heh...

3. MozTS

MozTS Us And Them

No, but that wall texture is the exact same as the one in UT2003/2004 tech package (can't remember which one)

Exact same.

4. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Oh, well, I'm sure that was probably a texture that they contracted or created for one of those games. They're just using it again.

5. {RA}SKYFURNACE

{RA}SKYFURNACE Game Mapper & Press

didnt any of you remember the post i posted about who the level designers were for this game?

if so youll see a resemblance probably due to that......because i assume some of these guys are doing work on UT2007.

there are big name community mappers who did contract work for this game...

-Clawfist
    -Soma
    -Chicoverde
    -Jim 'Saturn 5' Russell
    -Rich 'Akuma' Eastwood

among several others who wont be mentioned.......

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  6. hal

Yessir... that's some talent alright. Peeking around in the files a bit (you can only access the credits by winning the singleplayer portion) I see some familiar names that hint at some of the other level designers.

I'll say this too, since RaptoR made a comment about the maps. I actually thought they were a high point for the game and a step up from the multiplayer levels included with Pariah.

7. communist

communist New Member

Putting damage and scratch marks on object textures / skins is good way to make things look realistic but having scratches in the HUD?! :con:

(I'm referring to the rocket 'icon')

8. RaptoR

RaptoR been here far too long

The layout of most of the maps isn't bad... I was referring to the visual assets (most of which are taken directly from Pariah). Many CTF levels are no more visually awe-inspiring than UT2003's DM-Asbestos. That said, the giant mechs in the skybox of some of the outdoor maps are a nice touch.

Also, I recognized at least one AS map as a direct port from Pariah, and vehicle placement seems something of an afterthought.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, and as a quick contract-breaker everyone knows that it'll be winning no GOTY awards anytime soon, however there's something about WarPath that comes across as very half-arsed and generic.

9. Narse

Narse New Member

Hmmm that is interesting. But it doesnt quite look like it is supposed to be damage. Note the places where only one or 2 pixles are missing. I have no idea what it actually is but i'd guess that either its supposed to look that way or it some how got screwed up.

a croped version is attached

Attached Files:

10. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

Who gives a ****, its a tiny miniscule detail!

11. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

I'm prety sure that is a Team Symbol.

12. Insommy

Insommy New Member

Does anyone else have a problem with this demo in full screen mode. All I get is the rotating warpath logo on the right on startup and black everything else.
    Windowed is fine - play pretty fast in a window as well on my rig.

(Oh and switching back to full screen when the game is playing doesn't help either)

13. hal

Try disabling Post FX in the options.