warnings in serverlog when using Worm2K4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{SAP}Riggs

Feb 27, 2006
Is it normal to get warnings in you server log file when using Worm2K4. Everything is working, but wasn't sure if the warnings are a problem.
Warnings are pasted below.

Warning: MutWoRM_w VCTF-ACTIONCITY.MutWoRM_w (Function WoRM2k4.MutWoRM_w.CheckReplacement:008F) Accessed None 'GRI'
Warning: MutWoRM_w VCTF-ACTIONCITY.MutWoRM_w (Function WoRM2k4.MutWoRM_w.CheckReplacement:008F) Accessed None 'GRI'

Thanks for any help

gazmanu

Apr 8, 2006
i'm running WoRm2k4 on my server and I get this warning message repeated over and over when i enable the infinite ammo option......

Warning: WoRMAmmoTimer DM-Deck17.WoRMAmmoTimer (Function WoRM2k4.WoRMAmmoTimer.Timer:0007) Accessed None 'CountChocula'
Warning: WoRMAmmoTimer DM-Deck17.WoRMAmmoTimer (Function WoRM2k4.WoRMAmmoTimer.Timer:000F) Accessed None

This generates huge logs, each almost 2gigs in size.

Anyone have any idea whats causing it and how to fix it, the game runs fine but i have to keep deleting these logs every day to stop the server crashing.

Strider

Apr 10, 2006
Minnesota
www.gondorclan.com
Same here. 3369 server.

I am using the zencoders weapons for the MP5 and get the same log that fills up quickly. I had to add "Suppress=Warning" to my ut2004 ini to make it go away, but this is not really a solution to the problem, becasue it makes all warnings go away.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Accessed Nones... my old enemy. I swore I had stomped them out ages ago.... Suppress=Warning may be your best bet still unfortunately, as I don't feel motivated to work on much UT related latey.... I SWEARI stomped out those damn nones...

Strider

Apr 10, 2006
Minnesota
www.gondorclan.com
Twist your arm?

Suppress Warnings does help, but it also makes you loose any other warnings that a different mod may give.

Can I twist your arm? lol ;)

Worm is an awesome weapon replacer. I'd be glad to offer some assistance or testing to make your load easier if you get the urge?

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
If I feel well enough when I get home from work today, I'll see if I can track down a few of the Nones. Gazmanu's ANs appear to be related to the infinite ammo function of my arena mutator, which I don't think I ever went over.

Strider

Apr 10, 2006
Minnesota
www.gondorclan.com
Hey I understand completely

Hey I understand completely, been fighting a cold for many weeks now and after a long day at work staring at a computer for hours on end, sometimes the last thing I want to do is look at code when I get home. ;)

Like I said I would be glad to test and help out in any way and I am sure the community would be appreciative of your work. At the very least I would be very thankful.

Thanks

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Here, try this... it attempts to address both of the ANs listed in this thread.

Its just a patched U file, not a full install, so just replace the old one.

Attachments

• WoRM2k4_AnFix1.zip
    44.5 KB · Views: 30

Strider

Apr 10, 2006
Minnesota
www.gondorclan.com
Awesome

Kangus you are my hero.

With the old one my log file was 600k with 3 minutes of play. With the new one it is 42K.

I cycled it through four other maps and all seems well. I'll run it a couple more days and let you know for sure, but I suspect you nailed it.

Thanks so much.

Strider

Last edited:

Strider

Apr 10, 2006
Minnesota
www.gondorclan.com
Kangus,

Normally I use a different unlimited ammo mod and Worm to swap in the MP5, but leave the redeemer, and this new version of Worm is working great on my server. No warnings at all. I go back to the old and warnings crop up.

I was testing on a local server and ran the arena using the infinate ammo and errors came up.

Warning: WoRMAmmoTimer DM-Insidious.WoRMAmmoTimer (Function WoRM2k4.WoRMAmmoTimer.Timer:001A) Accessed None 'Weapon'
Warning: WoRMAmmoTimer DM-Insidious.WoRMAmmoTimer (Function WoRM2k4.WoRMAmmoTimer.Timer:001A) Accessed None 'Weapon'

Got the same error with the MP5 and the Link Gun. There was no warnings with the infinite ammo unchecked. The arena infinite ammo errors, but the Armory works great using a seperate unlimited ammo mod.

Hope this helps.

Strider

Last edited: