Warning for the n00bies!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
For those of you just comeing from the old forums....just one simple note to you.....

UNCLICK THE BOX THAT SAYS E-MAIL NOTIFICATION!!!

Rukee`s hotmail......"you have.....37 new messagaes!!":p

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
oh yeah. it kinda sux!
i trained myself on keeping in mind which threads i posted and where not. now my brain will mutate into a mindless reciever of mails... at least i will always know that my mailbox is still alive...

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
:rolleyes: That would have got me but i saw it at the last moment. One thing that is good though is that now ( finally ) the default for "Include Sig" can be yes, to save much needless clickage.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Originally posted by Frostblood
:rolleyes: That would have got me but i saw it at the last moment. One thing that is good though is that now ( finally ) the default for "Include Sig" can be yes, to save much needless clickage.

huh? dont get it...

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Well now, you dont have to manually select a checkbox to include your signiture.

ah, well. i never had problems with it. but lazyness is soemkind of a philosophy.

Deathwing

Raucous Rodentia
Mar 15, 2000
Canada
That notiification really got me when I signed up 1.5 years ago, and it took me the longest time to figure out how the **** this had happened. I was sure I didn't click e-mail notification myself on EVERY THREAD. :)

Frostblood

Strangely compelling...
Mar 18, 2001
Blighty
but couldnt you set it as default off? oh well, you cant have everything, nice forum you have here by the way :D

Astyanax

GotoState('Coding');
In the summer holidays i had a job @ Apple Computers at the distribution department. I got 130 e-mails per day there. You really don't get much time to finish other work if you constantly have to read and reply to a never-ending stream of e-mails. :(
Most fun was monday moring, when you received 100 e-mails at once from the past weekend!

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Brilliant idea...

but couldnt you set it as default off? oh well, you cant have everything, nice forum you have here by the way :D

I think we should have the choice.
The option to set a default default for email notification.
But then of course that would have to have a default value and you should allow the user to chose that aswell.
So how about a default default default for email notification?
Oh wait, that would need a default value...

:rolleyes: