UT3 WAR-Ginger [BETA]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
Level Name: WAR-Ginger_BETA
Game Type: Warfare
Botmatch: Yes
Single Player: Yes
Teamplay: Yes

DOWNLOAD

First beta of my space map WAR-Ginger. I have started with that map approx 1¾ years ago and than paused for a long time. After that break I want to finish that project now. Don't know if still someone playing Warfare these days? :). But if so please let me know if there is something you want to change or add on this map.

The size of WAR-Ginger is medium to large. Bots are fully supported. I hosted this map on a private server with no problems but maybe someone can test this deeper before I release a final version. A compressed file (for redirection) is already on "http://uz3.ut-files.com/".

-----------------------------------------------------
Screenshots

redcore1bron.jpg

centernode2ypsi.jpg

sidenode2coyq.jpg

bluecore1cqdh.jpg

Credits

News.ut-files.com for redirection. Great service!!
To all forums, players and clans that leftover and still support UT3! Thx :)

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
I will get this uploaded on to #mpukut3.warfare (quakenet) pickup server. We've had a few games recently, so hopefully should be able to test a 5v5 for you ;)

Pics look awesome btw, will give you some proper feedback soon hopefully.

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
This would be great Crazy! Let me hear if this work for you. I will try to join as well.

Sure thing, you can use this if you want to hop into the channel easily, just scroll down and shove a nick in :) - http://cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/pug.html

I gave it a quick look over, but have yet to play it properly. Looks nice, I think that some more link setup options would be nice, and a link setup with an orb would be awesome ;)

But certainly a link setup similar to Flood or Valley could work very well I think. But yeah, that's without actually playing a game properly yet.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
@Foufoune_Rose
Damn! How it's crashing?! Can you open the map within the editor and if so are there any error messages?

@Cr4zyB4st4rd
I will try to add different link setups and also one with an orb. And i must say that i have forgotten this totally while i have tried to make this map more UT2004'ish :lol:
Have to change playerstarts at blue base as well. Actually most of them are inside that builing. It's difficult if you attack the core when permanently people spawns around you :rolleyes:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
No one had any issues when we played last night.

Some of the stuff that was mentioned however such as;

Link setup left people a bit confused, wasn't favoured by many. It seemed to result in people not knowing where they were going rather then having an obvious flow between nodes.

Being able to shoot blue prime from red prime or something like that anyway (apparently, didn't see it myself)

Can shoot the blue core from much further away then the red core

Blue core, spawning and getting stuck in the corners around the core

Collisions, there were a fair few places where you could get stuck, or caught. Areas between terrain and BSP/meshes into nodes

Tank spawning, I only saw it once, but considering there wasn't much tank play I guess this is why. The lift that pushes the tank up seems to shoot the tank up at such a speed it ends up on its side/upside down and destroys it. (guessing this is a result of being online, stuff likes to break online)

No orb!! :(

Those were a few things I remember anyway. If you come back into the channel on IRC later the other guys might be about to let you know their own thoughts.

cosmix

XoXo
May 20, 2006
Germany
Totally agree with you Crazy. I will protect the blue core from 'long range' attacks and will check the primaries aswell.
Maybe I have to remove the Kismet sequence for the red core. Anyway it's not very logic how the tank spawns so this is no big deal for me. This sequence was more a counterpart to the shuttle that brings the Darkwalker to the red team.
The link setup. Yes it could be a bit confused for the first time but in my opinion it make sense. Believe me! :D However I will add one or two alternative setups. And of course with an Orb! Your informations were very helpfull Crazy. Thx!

Further I will make the teams switch sides every round. What about teleporters? (thx to K1lla from Epic Forums for this hint)