Wanted : botnames ...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I'm sure pretty much everyone wants to get rid of Alarik, Visse & co.
Some mods already have bots with different names (Tactical Ops & Pearman are examples), but you might find those stupid, offensive or just plain boring.

However thinking of 32 (or more if you use the Xbots-mutator) different names for your bots can be a real challenge.

To lighten the load I'm adding a "random botnamegenerator" to the next version of the Bot-editor I'm working on.

Since I can only think of so many names myself & the ng-code is done I post this request.

How does it work ? (see attached screenshot)
The ng creates a name by selecting an item from 3 lists (named 'prefix', 'center' & 'suffix').
If the item refers to a file (= another namegenerator) than that one is used to create that part.

Example :
List 1 "Uber, Evil"
List 2 "" (empty lists are possible)
List 3 "Cool, killer, Fragger"

This could result in "Uber"+""+"Cool", "Uber"+""+"killer", ... "Evil"+""+"Fragger"
There are a few settings that allow the ng pick no entry instead, so you could have create "Fragger" as a name using these lists.

There is no need to use '1337'-speak, as an option to convert the name(s) to '1337' is going to be part of the generator-settings in the future.

So put your thinking cap on ... and you might see your names in the next version of the JBE (or in the next alfa-version if you're a betatester *hint* ;) )

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
of course it looks good ... I made it :p
Now where are those lists ?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Are you saying you want names?

Now think about your question, and the guy who is prepared to answer it, carefully :D

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
Do you really think I will use *any* name ???
Altough you may post any list you want ... I still decide which are good enough for me to include and which I won't touch with a ten-foot pole :p

Names should fit this format : prefix-center-suffix
However as the parts are randomly chosen you should consider these options too :
pre1-center2-suffix3
pre2-[empty]-suffix1
[empty]-center1-[empty]
etc.

Your name probably would end up as :
Neme-[empty]-phosis
and altough 'Nemephosis' would be one of the results, there's far more chance that you'll see :
'Neme'+''+'fragger'=> "Nemefragger"
or
'death'+''+'phosis' => "deathphosis"

JaFO

Nov 5, 2000
It's getting better ...

(still need those lists though ;))

I've got an alternative namegenerator that gets 'good' results even with a limited list.

Example :
I take all 32 default botnames in UT (ie Alarik, Viss, etc.)
feed them in this thing ...
and I can generate usable names :
0 = Aracus
1 = Barak
2 = Calane
3 = Cilichon
4 = Crys
5 = Lia
6 = Nith
7 = Nithea
8 = Rag
9 = Saragothe
If you're really lucky you can get the exact names back again.
If the list is big & varied enough that chance will be pretty small.

Another attempt using 'real' names :
0 = Darto
1 = Evielony
2 = Heas
3 = Herley
4 = Irvine
5 = Israpoley
6 = Sylvince
7 = Truck
8 = Ulfond
9 = Wel

altough sometimes you get names like " Youndanumberee" :lol: