Want to bring back a Dark Magic Mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jlobel

Mar 10, 2005
Remember in the original Dark Magic, we need to bring it back. Only better, also with voice commands, being optional. Voice could work using recordings. But anyways i want to bring it back. Any takers want in?

Jlobel

Mar 10, 2005
and finaly i dont want to do like classes really. Just basic stuff. Flight/nuke/illusion/invis/trow person with spell/root/slow/and some other stuff. Also weps would be like a big wep, two daggers a bow and throwing knifes

Last edited:

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
Whats a design document Rachel? Who needs a design document! I got great ideas! I know like heres one, your this guy right. ... He's real bad ass. And he carries guns. Even though he carries loads of gun, when he wields a knife he suddenly runs faster! Oh yeah thats awesome game mechanics right there ... err ... hello anyone?

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
And he's got amnesia?

I do remember the UT99 version of Dark Magic. That was a lot of fun. It got a bit crazy when the spells reached their highest level though. One thing I found was that with the fast pace of the game you could never really get too high with the spells unless you had a Ph.D. in Camping.

Hazard.ep

Oct 7, 2003
Hi, perhaps interested in joining in our efforts? Most of your ideas were the basis for the CasterMod concept long ago and though there's lot changed about all this stuff will be available in our mod (and more:)). Have a look at http://www.planetunreal.com/caster!

Etah

Lead Nexus Dev.
Dec 4, 2004
yall love running that crap into the ground don't ya? >.>

Jlobel

Mar 10, 2005
well any ways i will have to cancel, i realized with finals coming up school is too much. But i will still work but i cant lead or manage it intirely. If someone wanted to be appointed like director i can still work and give my imput on how it could be designed

Jlobel

Mar 10, 2005
well what i really want to do is make certain voice/command commands for casting spells. I have a list pretyt much in my head. It could be a mutator to. Just really want to make this idea and i know people who like roleplaying magic games will take a liking to it