wallpaper/background

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
I think he used the armory pic. It looks good. But geo's bleached comment is right. Try to ge easier on the brightening. I know the details are hard to make out on the original but it's brightened to the point of detracting from the image.

Ask around we have some good PHotoshoppers here. They might be able to get the details out without bleaching the weapon.

Edit. Geo, Nice poutine. Now I'm craving. I'm gonna get one today before work. There's a place in the neighbouring mall that has Cayenne pepper you can put on it. It's amazing.

Last edited:

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
You don't need to have the world 'Infiltration' repeated like that. It's a poor graphic design choice.

Actually, all of this image is a poor graphic design choice. Nothing really 'flows' as it should. Your eye should be able to follow a 'trail', if something is properly designed.

You need to pick one style and stick with it. The posterized and cut-out backgrounds don't really fit with the clean model at all. The outline takes away from the look, especially the outlined text. I'm assuming you were going for a 'U.S. Army' patch look?

It's simply too cluttered for the size. Try removing all of the text. If you are going to include text, I would suggest using more of a grey tone, possibly even white. Also, in most cases, smaller text is better. And if you can make the image flow (with better placement of value, shape and fonts), then all-the-better.

Clutch

Dec 15, 2005
lol, it looked better at 3:00 in the morning.. it was the armory pic. the background is just a random camo look that i made, it isnt supposed to look like anything. just so happens that i am pretty dang good in photoshop. i know this is not my best work but it'll do.

proof of good photoshop skills:
Halflife2clutch.jpg

(yes i know it is a lil pixelated around the head, i plan on making it better eventually)

see, not to bad, eh?

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
geogob said:
Good. but Ihe result would be better using a render of the model.

Do you mean a raytracing renderer Geo, as Studio max ? Does it mean we could use the models from Inf ? Would be cool.

Im a really a bad artist, thats why i code but i used to raytrace some pics with POVRAY wich is coder friendly, free and results are really nice :)

For those 3D artists who don't know it, you should take a look at www.povray.org (very big community)

Last edited:

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Do you mean a raytracing renderer Geo, as Studio max ? Does it mean we could use the models from Inf ? Would be cool.

For all models that are not skeletal, you could export them, tidy them up a bit, put the skin on and voilà. I don't think you can export skeletal models or parhaps only the model but not the bones, which would work too in that case. I can't remember :)