1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wacom mouse wheel problem

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by Denethor, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Denethor

Denethor New Member

I play Unreal Tournament 2k4, normally with a regular optical mouse, but it broke on me. I tried to play with my Wacom tablet (Graphire4 A6 CTE-440) but I encountered a major problem during play.

When I used the mouse wheel to scroll through my weapons, the camera did a near 180 degree spin with each notch of the wheel. It made the game near unplayable (it'd take months to retrain myself to use the number keys). I didn't change any of my settings when I switched to the wacom tablet. I looked at the controls for any possible mix-ups but there were none. My tablet's mouse settings are identical to my regular mouse settings (one wheel notch scrolls 3 lines in a window).

Is there a way to fix this, or do I have to buy a new optical mouse?

2. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

UT3 undoubtedly was not designed with tablets in mind so there were bound to be snafus. But you might try rebinding the controls (even if the buttons are actually the same by going to change weapon up and down and rebinding them using hte tablet.

You might also try drastically lowering the ingame mouse sensitivity. Those are my best guesses.

3. Denethor

Denethor New Member

UT2k4, not 3. ;)

4. Ionic

Ionic New Member

hey man,

I have this same problem, and i found your post by searching through google. Now, i figured out how to fix this problem, but unfortunately, because you are using a different wacom tablet than i am (i am on an intuos3) , im not sure if this will help you. I'll post this here anyways just incase anybody else happens across this thread.

To solve this, i went into the wacom tablet properties control panel. In here, atleast with the intuos3, the user can customize how the wacom mouse and pen behave in a program by program basis. So, i created a new application for unreal tournament 3 and changed the mouse scroll wheel from its default scroll setting into two keystrokes i knew the game wasn't using (page up and page down) and then a made those two keys the change weapon buttons inside unreal 3. Little to say, this completely solved the issue.

So ya, i hope this helps you out (if you haven't already fixed this glitch or moved on to a different game)

5. infomercialscam

infomercialscam New Member

Hello Friends,

I read the problem even i did face the problem of mouse wheel ..their was not perfect movement and there was dust were on the wheel of the mouse than i cleaned that dust and now its working well thanx..