votecast (yes/no) window

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

grafyx

Feb 10, 2005
Hi, i've just installed UT2Vote49 and i'm having difficulty understanding how the voting system works.

From what i've read, i undestand that the basic voting system works by having the first user vote for a map, and then the other users casting an Yes/No vote on that first vote to accept or refuse it. if the majority accepts it, it gets applied.

The problem i have is with that Yes/No window, it never seems to show up!
Right now, what happends is when the other users press their scroll lock key, the normal voting window comes up with the map list.
i don't see any approves/disapprove vote window coming in.
the ut2vote web site seems to display all the mutator screens and i don't see any that would allow that yes/no votecasting, so i guess i just don't understand how it's supposed to work.

I also understood by reading the documentation that there should be another way of voting where all users could vote for their map and where the map with the most votes would win, but even there, all the users (the ones that tries to cast a vote after a first user voted for something) gets is a "Cannot change vote" message

i've tried playing with the "player can change vote option" but don't seem to be getting any success out of that.

i've also tried to setup the bDoGamePopup parm to True so that the votecast window would always show up.. i just don't get it.

right now i'm using a dedicated win32 server starting a game loading only the ut2vote49 mutator in the command line.

i'm also setupped to load the utcomp1.5a and mutbotmanager mutators in ut2vote49.ini to be loaded in all game types.

beside that, everything is moslty the default clean server config.

Can someone enlighten me on how this whole voting process works, or on wich part i'm missing something? what does the "votecast yes/no" looks like?
what am i not understanding right?

Thanks a lot

grafyx

Feb 10, 2005
anyone?

nobody knows?
i'm just a noob, tell me if i got everything wrong!
i read all the documentation from the main site but still don't get it...

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The Yes/No vote system was dumped way back and replaced by the much more popular Majority Vote system.
With the Majority vote system each player can vote for a different map, each player also has the option of changing his vote once and voting for a map that someone else has chosen etc, in this case his original vote will now be removed.
If any map reaches a 51% vote it will be selected, else the voting will go till timeout and the map with the most votes wins even if that was only 2 votes and there were 20 players on the server.
If there was no majority and all 20 players voted for different maps, a random map out of those 20 will be chosen.

This system stops the hassels of votes failing, timing out etc etc and gets on with the game.
It also stops players fooling around and forces them to get on with the vote as they only have one shot at it.

In the Map Image window you will see who has voted for what and which vote is currently in the lead.
You can click on those votes and vote for them in that screen.
Double clicking them also accepts it as a vote.

grafyx

Feb 10, 2005
thanks for the clarification on how the voting works.

my problem is that all the other users that are trying to vote after one first vote has been made are getting a "user cannot change vote" message all the time, even if this is their first time voting.

i'm not quite sure what's wrong.
i played with the "user can change vote" option but as i understand it, even if it's false, it does not change the fact that each user should be able to cast at least one vote.

i'll get to test it more precisely tonight when i get back from work, do you have any clues where i shoud pay attention to find what's wrong?
should i try to install an older version of ut2vote to see if i can get it working?

could this mod be conflicting with utcomp ou mutbotmanager?

grafyx

Feb 10, 2005
i'll do that tonight, just wanna make sure that i have all the info i would need, for not to get stuck again on something stupid when i try to fix it...

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
If you have in your UT2004.ini file:

[IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
DoUplink=False

Then you MUST have in your UT2Vote49.ini file:

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteConfigs]
bUseUniqueID=False

;)

grafyx

Feb 10, 2005
there we GO proasm!

my bUseUniqueIDwas set to TRUE, and i'm not doing the uplink.
it all make sense why it would say that they have already voted!

i did not play with that setting, since i was expecting that all my users have a unique cd key...
i might be wrong though, i remember having one case where 2 users were able to vote... but the other ones not..

before changing anything, i'll make sure that we all have different cd keys.
if it does not work, i'll change this ini property.

if it's really related with the uplink = false, i'd suggest updating the documentation (http://proasm.totalconversions.com/ut2vote2k4/utvbasic.html )
to precise that if we're not doing the uplink, it's required...

anyway, i'll make sure to try that tonight and come back to you about this!
but i'm pretty sure you're right on it!

Last edited: