Volume down bind

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mulch_D

Noxious Weed
Mar 9, 2003
Melborne, Australia.
mulchd.net
Hi guys, I'm trying to det up a bind that will turn my music off (done) and lower my sound FX volume (not done). So all that I need to do now is get the sound volume down bind, the problem is i do't know the comand if any could tell me that'de be great, Thanks.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Ahem...(points to own key setup guide ;) ).
Anyway...The command for turning music on/off is as follows:

Aliases[32]=(Command="Set ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem MusicVolume 0.20 | set input F6 MusicOff",Alias="MusicOn")
Aliases[33]=(Command="Set ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem MusicVolume 0.0 | set input F6 MusicOn",Alias="MusicOff")
F6=MusicOn

I think the sound effects volume setting is ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem SoundVolume (in UT2004.ini), but haven't tried messing around with it to see if this is the setting that changes if you change sound effects from within game.

This would make the command something as follows (untested):
Code:
Aliases[32]=(Command="Set ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem MusicVolume 0.9 | set ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem SoundVolume 0.9 | set input F6 MusicOff",Alias="MusicOn")
Aliases[33]=(Command="Set ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem MusicVolume 0.0 | set ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem SoundVolume 0.20 | set input F6 MusicOn",Alias="MusicOff")

F6=MusicOn

0.9 and 0.20 are just 'normal' and 'low' sound settings. Check your own UT2004.ini file to see which numbers you should use to reset your sound back to normal, and pick a low number for a low sound FX.

Mulch_D

Noxious Weed
Mar 9, 2003
Melborne, Australia.
mulchd.net
Thank you, BTW I used your guide to get the music volume bit.
I'm setting it up and testing now.

Edit: that doesn't seem to work, here's what I've got:
Code:
Aliases[36]=(Command="Set ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem MusicVolume 0.0 | set ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem SoundVolume 0.9 | onrelease Set ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem MusicVolume 0.15 | onrelease Set ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem SoundVolume 0.47",Alias="VolumeDown")
With this the music turns of but my sound volume doesn't change. Any ideas why?

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
I just copy-pasted your alias: it works perfectly. Just a small notes:
1) With your setup, you change the SFX to be loud when the button is pressed, and quiet when you release the button. You should switch 0.9 and 0.45 to get what you wanted in the first place
2) The difference between 0.9 and 0.45 isn't that much; maybe you should lower 0.45 some more
3) (just curious) Why do you want this setup to only change the music/effects with the key pressed? You can't play with this thing pressed all the time ;)

Mulch_D

Noxious Weed
Mar 9, 2003
Melborne, Australia.
mulchd.net
Taleweaver said:
I just copy-pasted your alias: it works perfectly. Just a small notes:
1) With your setup, you change the SFX to be loud when the button is pressed, and quiet when you release the button. You should switch 0.9 and 0.45 to get what you wanted in the first place
2) The difference between 0.9 and 0.45 isn't that much; maybe you should lower 0.45 some more
3) (just curious) Why do you want this setup to only change the music/effects with the key pressed? You can't play with this thing pressed all the time ;)
Ah thank you, I forgot 0.9 = 0.90, I wanted 0.09 (though I'm now using 0.05), I'm doing this so that when I push my TeamSpeak "push to talk button" my sound drops down so I don't get any feedback. Thanks again for your help :D :2thumb:

Last edited: