1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Voicepack help for new model

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by Crash7, Oct 4, 2004.

1. Crash7

Crash7 New Member

I know this isn't really modelling related, but I couldn't really find an appropriate forum for this. I'm working on my second model. I have a voicepack in mind for it, but those only replace the taunts, orders, etc. The default grunts and screams wouldn't seem appropriate for this character. Is there any way to replace those with new custom ones?

2. Sijik

Sijik Snagged an item.

Yeah, it involves making a custom species type for that character and telling that species to use a custom sound pack. I recently managed it, but it's kind of a pain. I used this site: http://sv1.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?s=&postid=136970#post136970post136970 and fiddled around for a number of hours 'till i got it to work. Only problem is that my sounds play really quiet in-game. trying to fix this now.

3. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

The sound volumes in the game are totally screwed. You have to open all your sounds in an editor (CoolEdit, Goldwave etc) and amplify them so much that the waveform literally goes off the scale - generally about a +9dB boost should be sufficient, but +6dB is fine if the sounds are fairly loud anyway.

Also, custom Species classes don't work online, so if you release your model, be sure to add a second .upl that uses a default species so people can use it online if they want to.

edit: incidentally, if you look in the mapping forum, there's a subforum for audio and music.