1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Voice Actors

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament' started by leilei, May 13, 2014.

1. leilei

leilei ANIME ELF'S !!

Can Lani Minella return as Female Voice?

What about the UT announcer? Everyone liked that radio DJ voice announcing rewards.

Maybe Flak can voice!

2. Vaskadar

Vaskadar It's time I look back from outer space

I hope they add a ton of variety in taunts. It would suck otherwise.

3. Rohit

Rohit New Member

Please use actual humans for combatant voices/taunts. UT2K4's male voices may as well have been from generic orcs.

4. UnrealGrrl

UnrealGrrl Enemy flag carrier is Her!

I just hope they allow for voice content to be produced in voicepacks that can be used on servers again. that got mostly lost in 2k4 and completely in ut3...

5. brdempsey69

brdempsey69 Original UT Owns !!

You got that right & you know I'm know with you lock, stock, and barrel on that one. Patch 2.0 and 2.1 for UT3 totally negated the work you had done for the Xeno models.

Of course, the biggest copout that I've heard is "taunts get repetitive & break my concentration" (see a post made by one individual on this thread HERE -- it's just downright silly, as he claims it breaks his concentration in botmatches ) , but last time I checked ALL the sounds in ALL UT games were repetitive.

Therefore the Taunt system should be just like in original UT with the client-side option to disable them & allow custom voicepacks to easily brought into the game, like this one here ( and some of Duke's Taunts are really NASTY ).

[​IMG]

6. leilei

leilei ANIME ELF'S !!

Duke is nasty? When Duke3D came out, people wanted nastier. In comes FMJ.RTS....

The problem with the taunt system in UT/UT2/UT3 is that there is a hard limit on the amount of taunts (48 for UT2 for example) and they have a 100% chance of playing upon kill. A good player with auto-taunt would get old fast.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  7. d3tox

d3tox Face down in a pool of his own vomit.

Heh, I can remember 1v1's in UT in which more taunts were used than ammunition. It was part of the fun, but the versions that followed completely ruined it. This is one area where they need to go back to the original and keep it that way. If they get annoying, fix auto-taunt and the bots, not eff up the taunt system.

8. rejecht

rejecht Attention Micronians

If a female sexy announcer is to be included these days, a sexy male voice must be included as well. :p

9. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

I want Gilbert Godfrey doing taunts.

10. leilei

leilei ANIME ELF'S !!

^ That idea's so great i'm surprised no one's done it for any UT before (and instead, UT2 gets a mess of Shirley Temple wannabe voicepacks, because what people want in that game are female child actors)

similarly, I wouldn't mind Dana Snyder and Adam Sandler either. Somebody's gotta give those kralls a voice that aren't the male voices filtered down.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  11. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

What is it that makes people use the sexy announcer? I mean why do they consider it the better choice? (Didn't Epic teach us to speak that out or be ignored? ;))

12. Raynor.Z

Raynor.Z Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus

I'd really like to see something similar to UC2 announcer, that was pure evil awesomeness.

Attached Files:

13. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Definitely that one.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  14. leilei

leilei ANIME ELF'S !!

Also get Takenobu Mitsuyoshi to "collaborate" with Alex and Michel :)