1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vietnam

Discussion in 'Concept Discussion Board' started by Neuroflare, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Neuroflare

Neuroflare Brewer - Patriot

Everybody has a mod for WWII and the likes where there's a Normandy invasion and stuff, but you know what would be really fun? A Vietnam mod. That would be good. There's the jungles, the swamps, your weapon will jam and you have to repair it. It could work. Would anybody ever try it?

2. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Me an' my unpopular games...

There's an old Build engine game called Nam. It's not terribly pretty or anything by todays standards, but it has quite a few interesting features, like being able to fly helicopters and drive tanks.

3. Neuroflare

I wonder if anybody's interested in making a Nam mod?

4. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

But...

I thought you wanted some 'non-realistic' mods?

5. Neuroflare

yeah but

yeah but there are very few nam mods out there, and i would help out with my mad c()|) | |\| g 5|<|11z (coding skills). which are non-existent except in c++.

6. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

So you think you want to actually work on a nam mod?

7. Neuroflare

Yeah, it would be pretty cool, but i dont know if i'd rather do a nam t/c mod or a samurai t/c. I can really expand on ym ideas for a samurai/ninja t/c

8. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

I wanna make a Ninjitsu mutator, but I'd need some other people who could do other stuff.

9. Postal

Postal I apear to have lost my pin.

I beleive there is a nam mod

10. Neuroflare

really? whats it called? i want to get it if its any good. If i did a nam mod it would be called Full Unreal Jacket or Unreal Now, or Unrealoon (platoon). If i did a samurai/ninja mod it would be called Crouching Tiger Hidden Brute. j/k

11. Kangus

Kangus Zombie on your pwn!

there is a 'Nam mod. It's called Platoon19. its hosted on PU. If you want to work on a 'Nam mod, go help them, I think they are hiring