very basic static mesh question [UT2k4/maya]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
i can model the mesh fine in maya.. im using maya 5.0 unlimited.. i downloaded the actorX plugin from the epic site.. i dont know if that is what im supposed to use or not. i've watched the VTMs on static meshes.. they didnt help at all cuz they used some different plugin it appeared (it wasnt the MEL script they had coded either.. it was something completely different).

i was wondering if anybody could help.. i just want to import some basic static meshes into unreal ed

{MåçE}

ma$e is back!!??
Mar 6, 2004
awesome :D thx a lot <3

*edit* since you seem to know what you are doing, i have another quick question. im trying to make a fairly large static mesh (like 1600 by 1600 units). in maya, when i make the grid and everything that large, if i zoom out to see my whole object, there is like a fog distance almost.. and if i get far enough away, my object starts to disappear.. is there a way to increase this fog distance or w/e it is?

Last edited: