Vehicles implemented in U1 / UT99 should be gotten into INF

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
vehicle mod for unreal and UT99 thread.
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=174705

I have played the above mutator vehicle mod and it works just great. The vehicles handle better then the UT2k4 vehicles and include classes for both boats vehicles and aircraft.

Would anyone be interested in working on implementing vehicles into Inf using that mod?
Inf for me still has the best Bot combat of any game that I have played and to have vehicles working in it would be sweet. Also would finally give a use for the AT4 weapon that is in INF :p

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
They already work with INF, you just have to spawn it by console...but the real problem is: you can´t exit the freaking vehicles! I´ve tested them in vanilla UT and Strike Force, the bots get in and make a mess, and you can exit by pressing ThrowWeapon key (semicolon by default?) although in INF, pressing ThrowWeapon, throwAmmo and any keys doesn´t make you exit the vehicles... but they run and shoot and pwn everything! You could easyly use a raptor in Road to kandahar heheheh

Ohhh, the other prob is the models scale (even the raptor seems like those gigantic trucks for dam constructions...); maybe some coding (for the exiting issue and weapon tweaking) and a reskin could transform them in some Bradleys and humvees for our enjoyment!... And they would certainly help with those gigantic unreal COOp maps!

Last edited:

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Well if vehicles would be implemented they would naturally have to be realistically modelled, skinned, animated, etc. and all the coding for realistic movement and weaponry (if the vehicles are too be armed). I think having light soft skin vehicles ingame and possibly light armour like a Bradley would be damn good, there is of course issues of getting them into maps without modding them. Getting out would be simple enough to just code in a specific Exit key or combo when coding the vehicles.

It's a great idea, and i support it fully, but i sadly doubt it'll happen since almost nobody plays INF online anymore and most if not all people with the skills are looking towards INF3, and most probably aren't interested in making a mutator that'll be lost in 6 months - year after release, especially since it'll require all the work of making a weapon from scratch if not more.

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
As a test I exported the Inf Hummer deco mesh, gave it an interior, and set the steering wheel to turn properly with the driving direction, though it is far from done, still needs a proper texture inside and a way to show the players sitting in the seats, and I would like to have some way to let the players shoot their own weapons out the windows.

I am going to finish my new giant terrain map first before I play more with the hummer, but it is doable and not that hard to get the basics working, we should all write .:.: and let him know we appreciate his work so he continues to refine the code, perhaps he will add more advanced passenger implementation.

First pic is the hummer driving around
Second pic is the view from the drivers seat looking back into the cab, to show how interiors do work.

Attachments

• Shot0074.jpg
    Shot0074.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 43
  • Shot0075.jpg
    Shot0075.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 45

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Silver, its already an outstanding work (for INF standards), but you may release it when you fill confident bout it! ;) (that gigantic map you´ve said is for INF too? You terrain tech is wonderfull, quite realistic for UT standards...)

Btw, could you tell us which would be the console code to enable the INF player to leave the vehicle, or it really needs some serious coding?

Silver_Ibex

Feb 27, 2001
Corporal_Lib [BR];2108093 said:
Btw, could you tell us which would be the console code to enable the INF player to leave the vehicle, or it really needs some serious coding?

Looks like it has to do with the way the Inf player pawn handles the toss weapon function

When you enter a vehicle, each seat is handled as a weapon item that is given to the player sitting in it, when you change seats or leave the vehicle the “DropFrom” function in the weapon seat code is used to branch off to another function

If the player was driving it calls the
DriverLeft function in the Vehicle that the seat belongs to

If the player was a passenger it calls
PassengerLeave(SeatNumber) function in the Vehicle that the seat belongs to
Code:
function DropFrom(vector StartLocation)
{
	if( bPassengerGun )
		VehicleOwner.PassengerLeave(SeatNumber);
	else VehicleOwner.DriverLeft(False);
}

When it is done, the map will be playable in Inf.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
Silver, that map is outstanding, and the interior is really, really good for what INF has already. Perhaps i read you wrong but did you say you might actually consider implementing this properly into INF once your terrain map is finished? Oh happy day!