1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vehicle Sizes in UT2K4

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by srsidman, Nov 14, 2004.

1. srsidman

srsidman New Member

Is there a size limit to vehicles in UT2K4? By size I don't mean polycount, but actual dimensions...I summon my vehicle into an ONS level in the game, and as soon as I press the return key in the console window, the game crashes...I went into UnrealEd and tried sizing my vehicle down by 50% and all of a sudden it comes in without a hitch...I was just wondering if there WAS a limitation to the actual scale of the vehicle. I haven't seen any docmentation on it.

Thanks

2. JohnnySix

JohnnySix Caffienated Haemoglobin

dunno, sounds odd. How big are your vehilces roughly? Leviathon sized or bigger?

3. srsidman

srsidman New Member

My vehicle is bigger...My car is approx. 230 URUs long (nose to rear), 960 URUs wide, and 420 URUs tall. I didn't exactly realize I modeled it so big. Also, It's only 5000 polys.

4. JohnnySix

JohnnySix Caffienated Haemoglobin

230 long but 960 wide? Got a screenshot? Sounds like a super-shortened humvee :D

I don't know if it might be a bounding box thing, I've defintiely had crashes and all kinds of weirded stuff with skeletal meshes in UT, might be the same in UT2004, that you have to constrain the model within a set size, and then use code to scale if you want it larger in game.

5. srsidman

srsidman New Member

Ooops! Sorry. That's a typo! I should be more careful! It's 2300 long, not 230!

6. srsidman

srsidman New Member

Here is are a few images of the vehicle without weapons...

[​IMG]
    A front perspective view from Max.

[​IMG]
    A rear perspective view from Max.

The tires are a little small so it does manage to get caught on the terrain...working on that now, but it is fun to drive around!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004