1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vehicle Propulsion

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Hotfreak, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Hotfreak

Hotfreak New Member

Anyone have any idea of how (or where I would get the information how) SVehicles in 2236 enact their propulsion?

I have gotten NPC pawns to enter vehicles and drive them based on throttle, steering and rise. But when I try to stop them:

throttle = 0; steering = 0; rise = 0;

they literally flip out and start bouncing around the world. I would like to get a better idea of how these parameters are used, but am having a hell of a time finding out.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Hotfreak

Hotfreak New Member

I forgot to update this, sorry. If anyone is having this problem in the future, there are a number of parameters that affect this behavior. The ones that I had to tweak were Torque Curve, brake factor and the actual weight of the vehicle. The vehicles were braking with such force that they would literally flip over.

It really helps to have a clear understanding of the physics behind vehicle propulsion if you want your bots to drive in the RunTime.