UT3 VCTF-[sWs]-NoParkingV2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sWs»Cheapshot

Jan 20, 2008
I would be happy to let you take care of it as I have not worked on mapping for quite a while.

I also did get permission to re-make the map so its all good.

Post the finished product so I could take a look at it when you are done.

Thanks

TheVoid34

UTF FTW
Jul 10, 2008
near Chicago
I don't know how much the editor will let me do with the already-cooked version of the map, but I'll give it a go. :)

Was there a readme you wanted me to include with this? I've never seen the actual zip file. I nabbed it off some map pack or server or something.

EDIT: ohh, yeah, this is going to be a LOT easier if you still have the uncooked version somewhere. I tried copying and pasting the whole map into a new one, but it screwed a lot of stuff up in the move. Lame.

Last edited:

sWs»Cheapshot

Jan 20, 2008
ok... I uploaded what I believe is the original... it may not be i can't check. I did have a few locations I kept the files for back up purposes... I would just have to search them out.

Check that out and let me know if it is or not.

Same download page as before - mentioned on my first post.

TheVoid34

UTF FTW
Jul 10, 2008
near Chicago
Okay, this looks like it'll work great. You've got me totally lost on one thing though: where did you find, or store, that music? I was going to try to use the same music file, but I can't figure out where it's at, or what its referencing. Help? :(

If you don't care what music the map uses, you could tell me that too. lol

Vicious3745

Oct 29, 2008
ya, add some random parked cars, and perhaps pipes and steel bars along the walls and cieling. Even speed bumps and such, along with some toll booth stations. The list of things to be found in a parking lot goes on and on.

TheVoid34

UTF FTW
Jul 10, 2008
near Chicago
Okay here ya go.
http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+NoParkingV3+sWszip/;12632901;/fileinfo.html

Changes:
-deleted some duplicate meshes
-added minimap, fully skinned
-added music/stingers (used Kargo's soundtrack)
-added some post processing effects (mild)
-changed one material that wasn't cooking properly for some reason, it's really similar, but now works. not sure wtf that was all about

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, cuz if not, I'm gonna use this one! :)

Thanks for the uncooked version!

Last edited:

sWs»Cheapshot

Jan 20, 2008
Doesn't seem to want to show up in my game... wonder why...

Are you going to upload it to a server? Maybe I can check it out then.

TheVoid34

UTF FTW
Jul 10, 2008
near Chicago
Weird, I hate to ask the obvious, but you're unzipping it to the right location, right?
my documents/my games/unreal tournament 3/ut game/published/cooked pc/custommaps

anyways, yeah, we're going to have it on a server after this weekend, but I was hoping to make sure it was okay before then, just as far as me not accidentally leaving a huge gaping hole in the floor or something...

TheVoid34

UTF FTW
Jul 10, 2008
near Chicago
I'm pretty sure it'd be a matter of messing with the material the yellow lines are using. Make sure they're not using the emissive channel, things like that. I'm not super familiar with it though, why do you ask?

Vicious3745

Oct 29, 2008
I'm making a lego map, and i'm using a bunch of custom, very basic materials. They just have a habit of glowing, and i'm not sure if it's Unreal's Bloom or what, but unless i spend some real time with a material, they can look like lights >.o Speaking of which, any ideas for clear plastic?