UT3 VCTF-SilverPoint

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Current version: Final 1

silverpointbanner.png

[screenshot]http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8448/silverfinal0000layer7.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5332/silverfinal0001layer6.jpg[/screenshot]

Compatibility: YOU NEED TITAN TO RUN THIS!

Changelist since Beta 2:

• Did my best to fix the brightness issues
  • Did my best to optimize the level, someone else even helped me (thanks Evilmrfrank)
  • Added fake textured cubes representing the objects themselves, you shouldn't see white boxes anymore now
  • Fixed the inclined roof meshes on building (couldn't walk on them before to get to Raptor)
  • Added signs for both Raptor and Cicada
  • Changed PP scene effects.
  • Replaced paladin for Hellbender.
  • A few others here and there.
Map Kismet:

• Fly-by plane over center map every random 60-180 Seconds (Your ears won't miss it if your eyes did)

Download Here - FileFront - Version 1 - 63.75MB
My Website

C:\Documents and Settings\*User*\My docs\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps
NOTE: If the directory doesn't exist, you'll have to create it manually.

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I like what I'm seeing. One thing though: make the map environment less symmetrical. Look at what seems to be two patches of snow at the bottom of the map (second screen).

I will download onto my computer once I get UT3 reinstalled (This laptop only runs UT20044 :()

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Cool JD, I'll have another version up eventually, in a few days with a scale down. I know it'll be better, feels a bit wayy too large. Let me know what you think of the vehicle layout and ETC.

UT20044, damn :gonk:
I know what you mean, this is why I never upload top views :)

Cobra

Dec 15, 2005
Montreal, Canada
I played it, I had great fun on it. Please don't make it smaller. For a change the player starts are ok. Most of the time they are WAY to close to the flag.

One thing on top of buildings you have missing brush, or something ( roof)

I like the layout, the bots play seam's very good. Great map

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Oh trust me, with the current (smaller) scale I am testing at the moment it can't go wrong. It feels much better. There's a lot of changes planned for the next beta as well.

Cobra

Dec 15, 2005
Montreal, Canada
Oh trust me, with the current (smaller) scale I am testing at the moment it can't go wrong. It feels much better. There's a lot of changes planned for the next beta as well.

Smaller will simply kill the flow, smaller = take out sone vhe: from there

too bad

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Looks really good, I'm gonna test it now.

btw, i was tempted to reply with an "ow rly", but i didn't wanted any more hate mail :X

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yes you're right, without the base coloring it would have been dull. I thought it was a nice touch, just different light colors is a bit old in my book. As for people saying you like the scale as it is.. why is that so?

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
I'd say put 2 scorpions side by side with some reasonable space between them to establish proper lane size, that way it'll be more "realistic" unless you're doing one way lanes

gdmatt

Feb 8, 2009
Looks pretty good the way it is. I'll download this and give it a go later.

Beta 2 scale doesn't seem much different to Beta 1 scale. When you say smaller, I thought a much more noticeable smaller scale, but nice work nevertheless.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Played this today.

If there's something that you do in an excellent way is making city landscapes. This map totally rips apart AtlasCity and Retro (which had a pretty confusing layout, honestly). Great atmosphere and colours; and obviously, layout - never managed to get lost here. Did you get inspiration from Mirror's Edge? I had a similar vibe when I was having fun over the map's building roofs.
Oh yeah, curse those evil green signs that made me lose a Cicada. Should have thought that those were teleporters D:

Gameplay-wise seems okay. Tried it only on VCTF, not Greed because I wasn't enthusiast or drunk enough to do it in a large map. Plays really good with many bots (16, 18, 20) since they'll cover more parts of the city.
They're really aggressive too - every time I play a Kantham map and when I'm using the hoverboard with flag on the back, here's coming the awesome enemy team composed of really angry Scorpions and Hellbenders. Not to mention those bots that surprisingly manage to hit you with a rocket.

One thing which bugs me is finding two identical powerups on the same road (the Berserk ones for example). Wouldn't players be annoyed if both are stolen from an enemy team member in a few seconds? I don't know the answer to this, but honestly I find it as a minor thing.
About the scale... I don't care about it. AtlasCity's one was big and there were no problems.

SlaxII and AtlasCity were great, Satellite and Retro were not that unique, SilverPoint goes back to SlaxII/AC's goodness and make it even better. Great job.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Thanks for your output Uber. Did anyone experienced any issues with bloom being too bright? I talked to ambershee about it, and it's about post processing settings, especially vivid.