1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

VCTF-Rails

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Kantham, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Probably the first level from Epic Games that blew my mind. The gameplay looks really solid compared to the other retail VCTF levels they made, I haven't tried it online yet though, but the way it was designed is just brilliant.

Don't know about vehicle balance and ETC as I said I haven't tried it online. The amp in the middle looks a bit too much though.

2. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Are their any trapped vehakals or Tony Hawk ramps? I hope so.

3. Poker

Poker Anus Retentus

Thread well deserved ... Rails is brilliant indeed, may even be one of the best conceived and executed maps Epic have turned out, ever. Kudos to the LD(s).

4. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

We had a pretty good match with it at FragBU last night. Some extra Titans made blue's experience pretty interesting. :D

5. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Damn you kids and your Titans! Me and my turret almost got away with it too!

Rails is indeed a neat map. The concept sounds nuts - turrets on rails that extend to the enemy base - but it actually works. This is the one I played the most while testing the 360 version of UT3.

6. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

And After trying all 3 WAR levels, Cold Harbor was the best. Even though the underground place was nearly useless to walk around, you just captured the side nodes to get the vehicle lift support + air vehicles.

Man it was a bit fun I must admit, I really like the fact it was node-only too, you just never attack the powercore directly, I think you can't actually.

I'll have to check into that, I'm more into this type.
    I also noticed that the character/vehicle lightning is now more lit, makes sense now, no more uber dark character shadowing, man that looked like ass.

Good move. The game looks a bit better now. :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  7. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

The only map I don't really like is that one foresty WAR map where there's an unlinked node close to red's base. If red controls it for 60 seconds, they get a pat on the back and the node resets. If blue holds it for 60 seconds, red's powercore is destroyed instantly.

So far, i've never won as red team on that map.

And can we please stop this "Vehakals" nonesense?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  8. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

WAR-Serenity

9. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

No, that's not Serenity. He's talking about WAR-Hostile.

We had a couple matches of that on FragBU. Very interesting choice for a map.

10. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

And Red won the first match I played on it too.

11. cosmix

cosmix XoXo

Agree. Yesterday I play that map online with Greed mutator on. Absolutely fun and completely different gameplay to all the other gametypes.

Also like VCTF-Stranded very much.

12. Unknown Target

Unknown Target New Member

Red almost won it the last time I played it (they won the first two times before that), but Blue banded together and turned it around at the last second with 20 HP left on our reactor and took them down. I love how Epic is experimenting with non-symmetrical maps.

13. Interbellum

Interbellum I used to be a man

Botmatch Greed on VCTF-Rails = easy win. Just let the bots slaughter each other back & forth with Titans and vehakals, and collect their skulls when there's a lull in the action. Then grab the rail turret and ride into victory. Had 71 skulls on my last run, which was kinda crazy. :D

14. ne_skaju

ne_skaju lost and found

That map is good, indeed. Bad there is ony 1 turret per team. and turrets has no 1st person view (breaks immersion).

I liked how many routes here for flag (skull) carrier.

15. Defeat

Defeat GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO

This map looked pretty cool. I spectated fragBoo on Thursday while you guys were playing it.