UT2kX VCTF-Garden

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
VCTF-Garden is a conversion from XMP-Garden of UTXMP; however, you don't need UTXMP to run this map.
It consists of two bases, a valley between and one structure in the valley. It's not precisely symmetrical, but it's even. Flags are in the middle of the bases. You have to infiltrate them and then get out. There's a teleporter system there, however, you have to Shield Jump to use it to get to the flag. There are also towers that are good for sniping enemies, and bunkers all over the map that are also good for sniping. Outdoors there are also teleporter system, but this time they are more accessible and provide a way to move as fast as vehicles do. The vehicles themselves are at the end of the bases, in garages: one Scorpion and one Goliath for each base.

Note that to install this map, you have to get two files - the map itself and other files that are needed for the map. However, UTXMP players don't need these extra files.

Download:
Required files:
MediaFire or my website (7zip, 36MB)
Map:
FileFront or my website (zip, 5MB)

Readme:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
|**|Readme of VCTF-Garden for Unreal Tournament 2004 |**|
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

*NOTE: For best results, Word Wrap needs to be enabled.*

-------------------
GENERAL INFORMATION
-------------------

Authors: GreatEmerald
Email: pastas4 <at> GMail <full stop> com
Release Date: 2008 12 13
Last Update: N/A
Archive Filename: VCTF-Garden.zip
Level Filename: VCTF-Garden.ut2
Level Size: Big
Version: 1.0

-----------------
LEVEL INFORMATION
-----------------

Level Name: Garden
Level Theme: Outdoors
Gametype: Vehicle Capture the Flag
Botmatch: Yes
Teamplay: Yes
Single Player: No
Multiplayer: Yes
Type of Arena: Normal
Difficulty: N/A
New Textures: Yes
New Sounds: Yes
New Music: Yes
New Weapons: No
New Vehicles: No
New UnrealScript: Yes
New UnrealKismet: No
New UnrealCascade: No
New UnrealMatinee: No
Custom Vertex Animated Meshes: No
Custom Static Meshes: Yes
High Detail: N/A
Screenshot: Yes

----------------
PLAY INFORMATION
----------------

Recommended Players: 8-32
Minimum Players: 2
Maximum Players: 32
Weapons: All except Mine Layer and Target Painter
Ammo: Provided with Weapon Lockers
Vehicles: 2 Goliaths, 2 Scorpions
Health: N/A
Powerups: A lot, usually on Wildcard chargers
Music: Sanctuary.ogg

------------
CONSTRUCTION
------------

Foundation Type: N/A
Base: XMP-Garden
Build Time: 2 days
Editors Used: UnrealEd 3.0
Polys: 4486
Known Issues: None, though bots tend to not like jumping

------------
REQUIREMENTS
------------

Unreal Tournament 2004.

------------
INSTALLATION
------------

Unzip VCTF-Garden.zip to your UT2004\Maps folder.
Then if you have UTXMP, you can path Textures, Sounds and Static Meshes to your main UT2004 installation. If not, download VCTF-Garden-Includes. zip from the same place you got VCTF-Garden, and follow the instructions there.

-----------
DESCRIPTION
-----------

Garden converted from XMP to VCTF. Bots are marvellous here, they even strategise a bit. Though they like going the straight road to the enemy base instead of the longer, but more rewarding path.
Overall Garden is two bases divided by a valley. These bases have a lot of entrances, however, they also provide a good place to defend. Towers give snipers a good chance to snipe enemies, and the few vehicles available provide a slightly quicker way to battle.

--------------
OTHER PROJECTS
--------------

A lot. Check out my FileFront profile...

-------
TESTERS
-------

Me!

-------
CREDITS
-------

Free Monkey Interactive for making UTXMP, and Legend Entertainment for making U2XMP!

---------
CHANGELOG
---------

+ Initial release.

----------------
CHANGELOG LEGEND
----------------

* Fixed
+ New
- Deleted
! Changed
@ Renamed
# Restored
& Statement

-----------
PERMISSIONS
-----------

You MAY use this level as a base for other levels.

You MAY NOT commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD or any other electronic medium that is sold for money with/without my/our explicit permission!

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic network (Internet, FIDO, Magazine Covers, local BBS, etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive intact.

----------------
COPYRIGHT NOTICE
----------------

VCTF-Garden is Copyright (c) 2008 by GreatEmerald.

eXpanded MultiPlayer (c) 2003, 2004 Legend Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Unreal and the Unreal logo are registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Unreal Tournament 2004 (c) 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 Epic Games, Inc. and Digital Extremes. All Rights Reserved. Unreal and the Unreal logo are registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
Screenshots:

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Oops, missed a BSP hole and some lighting issues. Resolved now, so please redownload if you have downloaded it, but only the map file, not the required files (see how good is this system? ;) ).

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
No problem :) They key to porting things over is the infamous "brush memory hack": http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Brush_Hacking Basically it also works with all kinds of actors, so I have a pretty neat "Replace Actors" tool: Notepad ;)

On the other hand, UTXMP maps are so poorly pathed that I basically had to create those paths from scratch :( Thus that means that UTXMP got one better pathed map and that bots now behave marvellously. Yet it seems that UTXMP has some code that "compensates" this flaw and makes bots behave badly even if the paths are all very good... Ah well. Enjoy the map ;) Will make an Onslaught map out of this one too, just because XMP is basically VCTF+ONS+VDOM (Vehicle Domination).

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Added a mirror on my website:
Required files:
My website
Map:
My website

EDIT: MediaFire download apparently has missing dependencies, so until I fix it use my website instead.
EDIT3: All right, there were MORE missing dependencies... Sigh... You should consider looking up my Alcazar map pack post and following the directions there to get all the UTXMP content in your installation. If you don't want to, you can redownload the updated includes file from my website or MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?t2mtmyomqyu

Last edited: