1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 VCTF-Apex

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by plugh, Oct 16, 2008.

1. plugh

plugh New Member

Name: VCTF-Apex
    Version: Final V1
    Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 3
    Description: When the Liandri Research & Development department required an arena to test their translocation/teleport technology, they designed and built 'Apex'. After purchasing the technology, and to show their appreciation, the Necris donated an array of vehicles, which have been used frequently ever since.
    Comments: With 14 working days to the MSUC phase 2, I decided to try and make a map from scratch before the deadline, this is the result. A small to medium sized VCTF map, with fast action, lots of teleporters, plenty of fun things and some sneaky bits too.
    Credits: Me. To those who helped with the Alpha and Beta testing, especially ThePop!, Fijut, Morphlex, N0stradamus, MexicanSeafood, Thigor, Kiyoka, Filthio, (and others who are too numerous to mention). Epic for the lovely stuff. Thanks guys : )
    Homepage: http://www.plugh.co.uk
    Download: PC (Filefront) : PC (Mirror) : PC (Fileplanet)

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy : )

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  2. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

The lighting looks bland in those screens but at the same time it is quite appealing. In this case it seems the bland lighting goes with the rest of the map to creat an interesting, unique atmosphere... Will need to download this one and test my theory.

3. morphlex

morphlex Ghost User

TheIronicKnuckle - I can see how you might say that. I have played this map and the screen caps do no justice. I would have, though, played the map before critiqueing. I know plugh and he put good time into this. I think this is my favorite map that he has done thus far. So please play it and then tell us your thoughts. You can't always judge a map by is screen shots. : )

4. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

I wasn't saying the lighting was bland as if it were a bad thing. I still need to play this though :p

5. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

add this to my list if you want a review

6. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

I checked this one out while I was doing an article for BU and I have to say, I really like what I saw! The layout and concept seem interesting. I wish there were more people playing because bots just don't do the game justice.

7. plugh

plugh New Member

Thanks hal, the map favours foot soldiers, so people who like DM or CTF should enjoy this one. I agree that the bots don't do the map justice, and I'll be perfectly honest here, the bot pathing does need some work, and although it functions, it could be better. I will do a V2 with better pathing for those who play offline, when I get time.

8. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

This one is fun to not use vehicles and try to capture with this particular layout and bots could be a bit better. The base is wide-open inside and has portals to enter battlefield from starting areas. It also seems to have the usual vehicle choices.