1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

vBulletin emailer getting lazy?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Derelan, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

When I have "notify me via email" turned on by default, and for every thread i post to, i get about 1/20th of the emails i should be getting. Now i have to check all the threads i post in for replies. Is anyone else getting this problem?

2. novak

novak New Member

Now that you mention it.. I have the service turned on but I haven't gotten any notices in the past week or so. Strange.

I think it's just the forum server coughing up, being that we've had quite a bit of traffic lately.

3. Nightmare

Nightmare Only human

I turned the notifications off. They send you a copy of the post that launched it, even if the poster is on your ignore list. If I don't want to see what the monkeys post here, why would I want it in my inbox?

4. Cold Killer

Cold Killer I will Kill Bill

I'm not having that problem at all right now. Tons of e-mails for every thread in my inbox:)

However, I have had it in the past...

5. das_ben

das_ben Concerned.

Never used e-mail notification for threads, but I do remember getting notifications only one or two days after receiving PMs.

6. Derelan

Derelan Tracer Bullet

and one more thing, about once every two or three months, i will get about 200 emails in my inbox notifying me of threads i had forgotten i even posted in.

7. Cold Killer

Cold Killer I will Kill Bill

:lol: