UE3 - General Variable Confliction

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZeJudge

Sep 30, 2009
Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with getting my custom crosshair to show, i'm sure i've done everything correctly by following Allar's online tutorials, they are very helpful. The only problem is that i'm getting the following warnings and thus my crosshair isn't showing as a result.

Code:
Warning/Error Summary
---------------------
C:\UDK\Qube\Development\Src\Qube\Classes\QubeWeap_Gloves.uc(15) : Warning, Variable declaration: 'CrosshairImage' conflicts with previously defined field in 'UTWeapon'
C:\UDK\Qube\Development\Src\Qube\Classes\QubeWeap_Gloves.uc(16) : Warning, Variable declaration: 'CrosshairCoordinates' conflicts with previously defined field in 'UTWeapon'

Now I've tried erasing CrosshairImage and CrosshairCoordinates from both UTWeapon.uc and QubeWeap_Gloves.uc (which is my primary weapon script), but when I remove the code from UTWeapon.uc the code is too dependant on other scripts, and thats just way to much work to go through.

Can anybody shed some light on the situation?

Thanks,

ZeJudge

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
If you extend a class, it will inherit everything inside that class. I'm not sure why you want to remove the variables. Perhaps you should look into changing some functions to your liking.