.uz2 question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Guys...

I have had the gameservers UT2004 .uz2 collection for a long time and want to decompress the lot...160GB of files. You can imagine that this isn't plausible one by one with UCC, nor even 10 by 10 with the other programs I know of...UT2004MI or tinyUZ2...they just don't seem to deal with large numbers of files.

I tried a script...a .bat file, but that didn't work out either.

Any ideas? Ok...maybe I can't do the whole 160GB at once, but any more time-effective methods that you know of?

Cheers...

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
A .bat file should be able to handle as many files as you want, just give it some time. Something like the following should do the job on Windows:
Code:
for %%f in (*.uz2) do path\to\ucc.exe decompress %%f
You could even have a separate process for each batch of files with the same first character. Just launch them from separate command prompts or list them all in a .bat file and prefix them with the "start" command to have Windows launch a separate command processor for them.

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Wormbo...thanks for replying.

I have tried making .bat files before and found that UCC doesn't deal with multiple files. Perhaps - likely - my knowledge is limited, but as far as I could tell it won't deal with multiple .uz2 files. Theoretically, sure...no reason it shouldn't, but it won't. I found that the .bat file worked on them if done one by one (I created a desktop shortcut and dragged them onto it), but again, time consuming and mind-numbing to say the least, particularly with that many files.....about 70,000.

Also, I would love to avoid having them decompress in the system directory. I am not thinking of installing 160GB of files, but want them decompressed after which I will attempt to reorganize them. Having to pull them out of the system directory adds another level of aversion to the task.

UT2004MI was the closest to being the answer, but it would only manage about 13 files at a time and was not automated; I had to select them first.

This isn't the first time I have tried to deal with this and it seems there are still no easy answers.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
That would be superb. There is no deadline on this thing mate....at your convenience. I wouldn't know where to begin with that type of thing!

Cheers.