UV texture attributes from Maya to Unreal?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheArtfulDodger

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
I'm having trouble exporting the UV texture attributes from Maya to Unreal.

My model looks great in Maya where I used the 2D placement attributes and the Repeat UV function to scale my tileable texture onto the model.

However the scale attributes don't apply when I import the model into Unreal.

I hope it's just something I missed because I don't want to make the textures any bigger than they have to be which has been my only work around so far.
I've had to make a texture that repeats 4 x on the width.

Is there a better way?

devilShadow

Aug 28, 2005
I dont think that sort of thing exports from Maya, to scale a texture like you're talking about in Unreal, create a shader. Then under the diffuse properties, create a new TexScaler and load the texture into it. Then you can tweak it using the U and VScale values.

TheArtfulDodger

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
devilShadow your work around works great.
I'm still going to try and find a solution to transfer the attributes from maya to unreal but for now I'll use the texscaler in unreal.
Thank you.

devilShadow

Aug 28, 2005
Hmm probably the only other thing i can think is set your texture attributes in Maya and then bake the texture. Otherwise you're going to need to do some custom exporter work since the texture placement node is a native maya node and not recognized by stock unreal.