UV Map's, Map Sizes?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

J_L

Dec 14, 2005
Hi can you help me?, I’ve just UV mapped my first model head in 3dsmax8 and resized each parts map such as the sides of the head the top, etc. But now I’ve resized them all there all different sizes, which I’ve only just realized would make painting the head a pain as the sizes of the texture will very, as in, if I paint the side of the heads hair then paint the, separate and different sized, top of the head the hair texture will be different sizes…

The only way I thought I might be able to sort this would be by re-mapping the parts and resizing them all together…but I was hoping there might be a tool or option to scale each part so there all equal? A tool or option within the UV map windows options or something?

I thought about stitching them together but doesn’t that make them all work from the same axis panel?

Peace,

- J_L

ImaCarrot

Professional Level Designer
Aug 30, 2005
www.imacarrot.com
Not sure if there is a tool that will do it for you or not, but I always just throw a checker map on the model and then scale all the uv's until the checker pattern looks uniform across the whole model. You'll get better at this sort of thing as you do it more, you'll also make short cuts for yourself I'm sure.

Unwrapping always takes time, the new pelt mapping feature speed up the process a lot though, you should learn how to use it.

Carrot

J_L

Dec 14, 2005
Thanks for the helpful reply Carrot,

I thought sizing all the checkered squares might be the way to go strait after I posted the question, glad to find I’m on the right track. I might do a search for the Pelt Mapping feature, I’ve almost finished me uv’s now, though i may be doing others soon....

Cheers again,

J_L