1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UTXMP & UT2VOTE Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Killinya, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Killinya

Killinya [BBF]Killinya

Getting the following error, but It appears to function normally from the user perspective execpt it does not display the votes as players vote, and the Admin Game configuration button(within the admin panel) doesnt work. other than that it works fine...Ive been using it since day 2 of UTXMP public beta.
    ScriptLog: Mutators UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX,XMPSmartMines.XMPSmartMines,UTANBanManager100.UTANServerActor,ServerExt.PlayerJoinLog,ServerExt.MutRSSCentral,ServerLogo4.ServerLogo,AntiTCC118f.AntiTCCServerActor
    Error: UT2VoteX XMP-Sirocco.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX.GetCurrentGame:023E) Accessed array 'GameType' out of bounds (13/13)
    Warning: UT2VoteX XMP-Sirocco.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX.GetCurrentGame:023E) Attempt to assign variable through None 'DefaultMap'
    Warning: UT2VoteX XMP-Sirocco.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX.GetCurrentGame:023E) Attempt to assign variable through None
    UT2Vote: 19:48:25 <-------------------- Starting UT2Vote48 -------------------->

links to ut2vote ini and utxmp.ini (passwords removed ofcourse). note: UTXMP uses its own folder structure, but I run UT2VOTE from the UT2004/System folder, while the UTXMP.ini is in the UT2004/UTXMP/System folder.

http://67.19.100.186/UT2Vote48.ini
    http://67.19.100.186/UTXMP.ini

2. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

You have XMPSmartMines.XMPSmartMines in both the Servermuts= as well is in the Mutators= in the GameType string.
    This is not necessary and will probably cause problems when playing a standard game.
    Remove it from the ServerMuts= as it is not a ServerMut but a GameMut if you get my drift :)

You are getting an error regarding the DefaultMap (DefaultMap="XMP-Sirocco")
    It would seem that either this map does not exist, its spelt wrong, the Path is incorrect or something.
    Try adding the standard path to their ini file:
    Paths=../Maps/*.ut2

Basically UT2Vote cannot fine the Maps or the actual Game, hence the errors and warnings and this is a Paths= problem.
    Try playing around with those Paths= in the ini file.

Otherwise its looking good and thanks for the post :)

3. Killinya

Killinya [BBF]Killinya

Ya I had a problem getting it to work and never undid the double up... This instance never runs anything but XMP. Ill fix it anyway.

The map name was spelled right...I changed it anyway. I added the paths as noted above. And I still have the error. :( Also note...Had error before putting smartmines on.

Any other thoughts?

Additional note...This is the parameters used in the ucc.exe command...(I use a service to start/stop)

server XMP-Garden?Game=XMP.XMPGame?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_BBF.BBF?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_BBF.BBF?AdminName=yyyyyy?AdminPassword=xxxxxx?mutator=UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX log=bbfxmpserver.log -mod=UTXMP -multihome=67.19.100.189

4. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

no way, ut2vote doesn't work woith the -mod parameter.

check the default.ini of utxmp and add all paths mentioned there as +add to your ut2004.ini and try it again.

imaginos wrote a discription for the general changes to be done, to make a mod work with ut2vote.

5. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Also regarding your startup command line should read:

server XMP-Garden?Game=XMP.XMPGame?Mutator=UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX log=bbfxmpserver.log -mod=UTXMP -multihome=67.19.100.189

UT2Vote48.ini file:

ServerLine=?BlueTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_BBF.BBF?RedTeamSymbol=TeamSymbols_BBF.BBF?AdminName=yyyyyy?AdminPassword=xxxxxx

6. Killinya

Killinya [BBF]Killinya

Did this too...still have error :(

7. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

what about posting links to your inis? and if you use ut2vote, drop the -mod parameter...

8. Killinya

Killinya [BBF]Killinya

Erm..... look at the original post in the thread...(at bottom).... ;)

u can Run mods without the mod command?

9. Imaginos

Imaginos Deathball addict?

10. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

just a quick view at your inis:
    if you use antitcc as serveractor, don't use it as mutator at the same time. If you use smartbombs as servermutator, don't add it to the gametype again.

and drop the -mod-parameter from the start-line :)

11. Killinya

Killinya [BBF]Killinya

Anti tcc change...done.
    DroP mod parm..done
    smartmines mutator already dropped per proAsm comment

Net effect: Still have error message in original post.

The XMP game type is the 13th game type in the list... the error message refers to an out of bounds (13th) condition... thoughts?

Any other suggestions...????

12. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

ok, had a deeper look at your ut2004.ini or UTXMP.ini

UT2Vote needs the standard Menus, so try replacing the utxmp-menus with the standard. try one by one and please tell us, which one is the critical one:

Check theese:

[Engine.Engine]
    Console=XMPUI.XMPConsole
    GUIController=XMPUI.XMPGUIController

[Engine.GameEngine]
    MainMenuClass=XMPUI.XMPMainMenu
    ConnectingMenuClass=XMPUI.XMPServerLoading

i don't think, it's the connecting-menu class, and the mainmenu should be clientside only... my favorite is the guicontroller or the console...

try replacing all those by the standard ones, one by one:

[Engine.Engine]
    Console=XInterface.ExtendedConsole
    GUIController=GUI2K4.UT2K4GUIController

[Engine.GameEngine]
    MainMenu=GUI2K4.UT2K4MainMenu
    ConnectingMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4ServerLoading

good luck ;)

13. Killinya

Killinya [BBF]Killinya

Well, maybe we cant "Fully" use UT2Vote then.

Replacing Console or controller will force me not to use anti cheat....NOT an option. - Anti cheat only allows ONE of each...the default for the mod is a custom one (client side).

Replacing the menus, had no effect....

Thanks for the thoughts.... again what about the Game type being the 13th on the list..and the out of bounds message being about 13....

14. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

which anticheat do you use? is it's antitcc, it allows different configs. i use 4 different setups myself... i now have setup utxmp quick and dirty. My log says:
    I don't see your problem here. I disabled antitcc atm, because i have problems with the md5-calculation, but this is not in common with utxmp.

15. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

hmm, i see, i have a different gameclass: XMP.XMPGame while you have UTXMP.XMPGame . Maybe trying that one?

16. Killinya

Killinya [BBF]Killinya

THAT WAS IT!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....

everything works now EXCEPT, the Map names dont show when voted for (in the box). no error messages...

17. Killinya

Killinya [BBF]Killinya

Oh, another weird one...

Vote for XMP-FOX.... see what it does for u...

On my server it forces me to DL BR-Canyon and ONS-Stronghold maps then loads XMP-FOX....

Any guesses what would cause that?

18. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

does it really download the maps or just textures, or static meshes? anyway, it shouldn't, if client and server-install are the same...

regarding the map-names, i'll have a look, as soon as i find time, for now, i'm just working by looking at configs and logs ;)

19. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

ok, i now did the real test. regarding the map-display, i couldn't test that, as i was all alone, and as soon as i voted, the vote passed...

regarding XMP-Fox: No additional downloads over here, everything seems to work ok, but i must admit, that i'm a totaly noob regarding xmp ^^

20. hmishima

hmishima New Member

Sorry I'm chiming in here late, but on my XMP server, I replaced these with the XMP lines and I have no problems at all. In fact, before I replaced them, UT2Vote would pop up on game end, but then just map rotate to the next map before a vote took place. Changing the lines stopped this for some reason...and reskinned UT2Vote to the XMP colors...which looks pretty cool...anyway, map votes certainly do show for me in the vote window.