UTXMP patch and question list from community.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Astmatik

ONE DAY \o/
Jan 9, 2004
Poland
Mantik said:
European graffiti somehow just doesn't have the same effect as it does here ;P

Are you sure about it ? :rolleyes:

daim0324.jpg

DAIM, DEE ONE, WOW 123
Bremen
:stick:

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
Ok i posted this thread to get some answers about the patch, but the intelligence lvl here seems to match that of underdeveloped bowl weevils. And the thread was blown way out of proportion. SO how bout some answers instead of lame pics of homosexuals (there) having a very uninsteresting circle jerk.

Last edited:

Yukkoman

overCruel Ranger
Jul 11, 2004
Curious about patch date just, see theres alot of good fixes in the fix list to make the game more playable, atm I see servers startin to drop out of master server everyday and its even hard to find a game to beta test with atm that are populated, XMP need that patch bad to keep ppl test it seems like, not all have the patience like me and the few other whos beta testing atm..

(EDIT: yeah the server populated is US ofcoz, was just lookin on it from my euro eyes ) =)

Not wanna complain or flame, just curius about a eventual patch date.. I know its sposed to be one beforec xmas, but is it confirmed ? coz thats what I keep tell then ppl complains etc.. "patch otw, hold on etc" ...

Btw I understand fully if the patch are holding to get as much as possible within it before xmas so we can have a good testing hollidays...

Happy hollidays all =)

Last edited:

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
#1.) What goes into the process of making a patch for a game? Like explain the steps for the programming illiterate.

this is basicly self explainery, go through the code, look for the flaw, try to think to fix it.

#2.) The first patch doesnt have to include "every" fix known to the game. To me, what was posted by Indian was sufficient enough to actually make the game stable enough to start some ladder play and give people something to do before xmas vacations. So the question is, could we see a patch out at least this week? Just a tiny one... Cause it would be nice to start having matches.

soon (before x-mas)

#3.) How involved are the original Legend Ent. guys with the production of UTXMP and FMI?

all i can say about that is "involved"

#4.) Can consumers use Maya PLE (from ut2004) to make things for UTXMP and UT2004, and it actually work in game? Or do you have to use something else like 3dsmax 4.2 (which I have) to do things then export to 2k4? Maybe I should go read a tutorial. Maya ple is watermarked, just wondering if that will cause the stuff not to work. export prolly dont work either I assume.

as with any unreal engine based game, every program that can export to ase or supports the actorX plugins provided by epic well be usable

(1.) "Why did you hardcode nerfing the movement? I hope you f`n die!"

no intended nerfing/hard coding was done, and to be realy honest, if people act like above, i personly dont give a damn.

(2.) "Cascade, why do you not have a funny bone? You should grow one. Then someone should rip it out and beat you with it."

adressed above, secondly i would like to say to morphix - i cant help it that you are a moron that hates me cuse i kicked him from the utxmp channel for acting like a moron.

(3.) "Wher ethey high while macking it?" (translated: were you high while making the mod? )

urhm.... no....
drunk?
sometimes, but never high ;) :dutch:

(4.) "Ask about the pause after landing a hop jump!" dodge then do a hop jump then try to dodge immediately upon landing the hop jump" Is this fixed or changed? and "After the hop jump, the animation just slides across the ground.. the pause was coded intentionally and I'd like to know why."

see reply to (1.)

(5.) "And the raptor can crash forever adn jump the whole map!" Is the vehicle damage being tweaked?

all sorts of tweaks are being made to the game, please try to remeber that it is still a beta release and notthe final product.

(6.) "The boost on the tank really needs to be increased, right now it hardly moves any faster." Is this an issue being addressed?

see above

(7.) "Are the auto turrets more powerful?"

not that im aware off

(8.) "Will you be able to switch weaps and shoot while one is reloading.?"

i am unsure about that at the present time

All for now.

finaly ;)

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
just a little addition.....

|pure|Destruction said:
SO how bout some answers instead of lame pics of homosexuals (there) having a very uninsteresting circle jerk.

thank you very much, i can just feel the <3

oh and one last thing, if you would have looked trough these forums properly you could have found most of the answers to these questions.

Last edited:

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
Finally some fukn answers. I no I dont read every post here or both to search for answers cause the threads here are way too long and full of useless information that Id rather take a direct approach and get the answers directly. So thanks, & for what its worth if thats you (i didnt know btw) in the pic you still look like a homosexual but I wont hold it against you since you were cool enough to actually answer my questions to somewhat of a logical extent. oh and thanks from nbk for givin 2 sh!ts about XMP in order to keep it going. :)